Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

pssssn t1_j3ny5i1 wrote

If any of ya'll ahead of me pay for my stuff I swear to the god I don't worship I will donate the money I would have paid to Josh Hawley.

(tip your service workers plz)

−9

HardboiledMook t1_j3ox6az wrote

You do realize that separate things can be true at the same time right? Someone doesn't necessarily have to be stiffing a service worker to pay for the meal of the person behind them, they could have also given the entire kitchen staff $100 a piece on the way through, and also helped Josh Hawley escape the capitol on January sixth after he called, sobbing, afraid for his life from the horror he helped cultivate.

Just pointing out, you come across a bit needlessly hostile, even though I agree with what you're saying.

pssssn t1_j3r920h wrote

I don't disagree with what you are saying.

My view is someone ahead of me paying for my items is hostile. I did not sign up for this weird chained pay it forward scheme that gives others a fuzzy feeling. I do not want to pay for the four drinks of the person behind me, I want to pay for what I ordered.

If you want to feel altruistic, give the service worker ten dollars and leave me out of it.

417spacewizard t1_j3t1z4c wrote

Don't pay it forward to the people behind you. Tip your server. It makes work for the cashier. Don't do it

−1

Icy-Tangerine6465 OP t1_j3t3v37 wrote

I’ll always pay it forward when it happens to me cuz I’ve been on the streets bud, I know how it is to not have shit so that’s the only reason you get my downvote because I’ll do both, I’ll pay it forward and ALWAYS tip my servers

HardboiledMook t1_j3vugg1 wrote

That's a fair point and one I didn't consider. It puts an immediate expectation on the following person and is ripe to exploit. Plus as someone with anxiety issues, I can see that as triggering for many.

Wait, we disagreed on reddit and both managed to see the others side..

... does this mean we're best friends now?

pssssn t1_j3wgrvf wrote

So weird how people think them paying for something I was planning on paying for is a favor to me.

Now there is pressure for me to pay for the person behind me, which could end up being more expensive than what I ordered.

How is that doing me a favor?

Just give the money to the service worker and leave me out of it.