Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Dbol504 t1_j4xelcg wrote

I stopped shopping at Walmart because they want to pay more people to catch people stealing rather than have them as cashiers that would prevent shrinkage at the self checkouts. Started exclusively shopping at Price Cutters. Prices aren’t that much more and I don’t feel like a criminal being watched all over the store.

Lost-Can-4218 OP t1_j4xfnzu wrote

The people they hire to catch shop lifters would be the asset protection people. Who actually are just the regular employees with duel roles. They maybe are out on the floor as secret shoppers four hours a day other times they're at a cash register,pulling a pallet jack and stocking shelves.

Brosnan who has no contractual authority to accost potential shop lifters, but only provide a visual deterrence, yet are scapegoated by Walmart asset protection all the time. You're pretty much paid to exist in the store 12 hours a day.

blu3dice t1_j4xqyfr wrote

>but only provide a visual deterrence,

One of the Brosnan guards at the Walmart I shop looks easily 80 y/o.

Lost-Can-4218 OP t1_j4xv11l wrote

Lol I think I know which one you're talking about Campbell/Grant neighborhood market, possibly.

I was the only one there who looked the role. The only there over six feet and went to the gym. The rest were very small and out of shape and probably added credence to private security being laughing stock. The Walmart employees actually complained that I was too large and intimidating

Snekathan t1_j4yj77j wrote

I was at Walmart today with my sister and one of those “secret shopper” AP guys was very obviously following us for a good while for no reason, it was so uncomfortable. I definitely always feel like I’m being watched when I shop at Walmart

I worked at Walmart previously so when you know what to look for these guys are so obvious 🙄 think they’re slick lolll