Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

everydayasl t1_itfu7oh wrote

"Zuckerbergberg"... hmmmm...

Ronny_Jotten t1_itghh1i wrote

The name game: How it works?

Zuckerbergberg, Zuckerbergberg, Zuckerbergberg, bananabana fo Fuckerbergberg, me my mo Muckerbergberg, Zuckerbergberg!

marco_flores t1_itfvb6d wrote

Secure is not private

KSRandom195 t1_itgmjid wrote

End-to-end the encryption means the carrier cannot read your content. Don’t know how you get more private than that.

Pleroo t1_itgnnkr wrote

To make it truly private the recipient must not be able to read the message either.

nhepner t1_itk7scx wrote

From what I understand...

and I'm not citing this, so keep your skeptical spectacles on...

They don't read the content of the message, but they take the metadata of it and cross reference it against their other platforms. This means they know who you're talking to (phone numbers) and build contact networks this way. if they can get a positive ID to Facebook or Instagram accounts, they can attach lots of other wizardry to it. They know who is talking, how frequently, and at what times.

Signal and telegram don't have those sorts of associations.

mrredrobot19 t1_itkk3zx wrote

Encryption doesn’t matter when the message is screened before encryption is applied. Anyone remember facebook’s patents?

roo-ster t1_itg2noo wrote

...and less secure than Signal.

maziar37 t1_itg1n7e wrote

This writer is so far up Zuck’s ass!

liltonk t1_ith8v7y wrote

To be clear, I don’t send a text message or iMessage because it is secure, I use it because it’s convenient. I’m confused as to how anybody ever really thought that iMessage was secure, does anybody actually care?

−1

Deertopus t1_itg6yc4 wrote

iMessage sends as much information as Facebook Messenger.

−4

mrredrobot19 t1_itkk5ud wrote

It does not. Apple does not share who you contact how often for example, now say the same for messenger