Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

prehistoric_knight OP t1_isstswu wrote

"Take note" ... of the price

AudioSlaughter420 t1_issyyv7 wrote

please dont take note of the fact its the same thing as last time its totallyyyy new and cool this time guys loom at this slightly better camera! I wish they’d give these things MacOS or something

djdsf t1_isszuf3 wrote

Can't you just buy a touch screen Mac for that? Or has Apple not invented touch screens on Macs yet?

AudioSlaughter420 t1_ist2e06 wrote

well yeah but the real problem is a machine with an M1 in it has an OS for babies

frygod t1_istpyx2 wrote

They really should at least try it but have always been resistant. I have a mac mini that I use as a server that I keep connected to my cintiq pro, which is then able to act as a KVM switch between the mini and my more robust windows box. MacOS running with full multitouch and pen support is actually really really nice.

Mr_Piddles t1_ist2dw9 wrote

Say what you want about the pricing, but iPad Pros tend to be worth it. They more than hold their value and use. I used my 2017 model 8 hours a day , 5 days a week until 2021, when I upgraded for a larger model. The old iPad still gets regularly used for various work, and there’s not a lot of signs of its age.

pra_teek t1_istwwxz wrote

I want to justify the cost to myself because I love gadgets and Ipad looks cool. But I don't think there are many use cases apart from content consumption where I'll use iPad that much.

I could justify MacBook (portability and battery life itself was worth it) that's why I had no issue buying it.

Leiryn t1_isv266a wrote

Yeah but you're still using an ipad so it's still a loss

−1

Mr_Piddles t1_isvpbsp wrote

The pencil is literally the best stylus I’ve ever used. And procreate is the best illustration program for me.

bigfatmatt01 t1_ist87ny wrote

How much did it cost? How much more will the new one cost in comparison? That's how you judge it's real value.

−4

Mr_Piddles t1_istec2v wrote

The previous iPad was around $700, the new one was $1200. I’d say a device that gets regular use almost five years later was worth it.

Edit: also the new iPad is 12.9” 256gb vs the old one being the 10.7” 64gb, so the price difference is not super easy to compare.

bigfatmatt01 t1_isttann wrote

I'm sorry I meant that's how you measure the value of the new one. The old one was most likely worth it. Now at almost twice the price will the new one be as good and be of as much value? That's what we need to wait to see.

Mr_Piddles t1_isucis5 wrote

I’m using it professionally. As an illustrator, I can assure you, it’s worth the money.

Maxwell-Zephyr t1_isuac13 wrote

Is he finally gonna put a bloody calculator app in it?

hifidood t1_istkq0r wrote

I'm more curious as to when an upgraded mac mini will finally launch.

shcam_likely t1_isvjsnt wrote

I can’t believe they still try and build suspense.. there’s no way it contains any revolutionary technologies or features or even design for that matter. Nothings really changed for the better half of a decade. We’ll see tho I could be wrong

colourfilleddays t1_ist786b wrote

Including the ability to track existing orders, way to go!

Crypty t1_ist5gxi wrote

Why does the store need to be brought down for this? Is the surprise factor really worth the revenue hit of being down for however long?

−3

Substantial_Boiler t1_istblmx wrote

They need to update their web app servers for this

Also, yes, there's hype and it's worth the revenue hit

Crypty t1_istd0x9 wrote

There’s no technical reason why a website (especially one run by a tech giant) needs to be brought down for an update. In mid+ sized companies there is often a team dedicated to this because downtime is just that costly.

acwildchild t1_istha88 wrote

I was about to say, I’ve done this on my own servers so I can’t possibly see how apple couldn’t. Also they update their website in real time all the time. When I bought my MBP one second the website didn’t know of its existence, the next it did.