Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

xELxSCORCHOx t1_irico22 wrote

Really more then anything this highlights the absolute need for the Rule of Law. The NSA violated the law spying on Americans. Hopefully it has therefor ended, but who can be sure? If we, the American public, had imparted the demand for the Rule of Law in no uncertain terms on our elected officials, we could be sure.

Instead, we have separated ourselves into tribes that will put up with a little bullshit if it helps our side or disadvantaged the other side. As a result we get the corruption in government that we deserve, because we show ourselves to be at least somewhat corrupt as a society.

RealRiotingPacifist t1_irjtg5o wrote

The American public regularly makes clear demands for stuff, they are ignored, the US hasn't been a democracy for a long time.

When the CIA can kill presidents allow presidents to be killed, swing elections & install their own (former) agent as president, they are in charge not the public.

xELxSCORCHOx t1_irjwg8t wrote

Lol. Is this you Alex Jones? Instead of pretending to be powerless you should try to help out.

RealRiotingPacifist t1_irk8tpv wrote

I am powerless when it comes to the federal government, I focus my energy locally, where things aren't quite as fucked.

In terms of privacy, if it's stored on a server I don't own, I assume the NSA can get the info if they want, it's just that I'm not interesting enough for them to bother, it's not like the FISA courts wouldn't approve it.