Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

ArcherStirling t1_itxh3ka wrote

Capitalism. It's what makes America great!

BoredGeek1996 t1_itxo9o9 wrote

The wall monitor screen lights up, relieving the gloom of the Megacorp Affordable Compact Housing Unit (MACHU) with an eerie green glow.

Pounding headache. Alcohol smells.

"7AM in the morning? On a Saturday? Who could that be?"

A message in the inbox: Notice of Rent Increase.

"Shit. They just raised it two months ago!"

"Well that one's early! At least I don't have to wake you up now. "

"Very funny, JOI."

Megacorp Community Credits (MCC) trinkling away on the screen.

"Well honey I'll let the folks over there know they can't keep doing this. In the meantime, go freshen up. I'll have your 3D printed bacon ready."

From the wall television speakers: Due to recent housing shortages, rental of MACHUs per week have been increased by 17%

"Who the hell decides these rates?"

(sounds of sizzling emanating from the corner kitchen)

"You mean over at Megacorp? Over there, the algorithms control. The algorithms decide."

jsmith_92 t1_itxw4x3 wrote

“Texas based” that explains it

RagingAnemone t1_ityb228 wrote

Collusion. It's not the software that makes it illegal.

TheTrueFishbunjin t1_itzc3jr wrote

Can’t wait for the lawsuit to cost this company less than the extra money they earned and for none of the legal winnings to go to people who rented from this company

Diazmet t1_iu56k9h wrote

Eh they will just make a shell company out all the money in that and let this one go bankrupt

[deleted] t1_iu0i8nu wrote

[deleted]

−1

DangerStranger138 OP t1_iu0tnbs wrote

If you got a link to whatever it is that you're talking about... that'd be greeeat!

[deleted] t1_iu146qp wrote

[deleted]

−1

DangerStranger138 OP t1_iu14u24 wrote

SO this has nothing to do with RealPage or landlords price gouging... are you lost?

[deleted] t1_iu16a75 wrote

[deleted]

−2

DangerStranger138 OP t1_iu18joj wrote

We not in r/fuckcars bruh sorry

[deleted] t1_iu1b632 wrote

[deleted]

−1

DangerStranger138 OP t1_iu1bbm6 wrote

>

Sorry, there aren’t any communities on Reddit with that name.

This community may have been banned or the community name is incorrect.

−1

[deleted] t1_iu1h5ql wrote

[deleted]

−1

DangerStranger138 OP t1_iu1jasx wrote

We're in technology subreddit how is this pertinent? Realpage is a software program at the core of this colluding price fixing cartel. Perhaps r/RealEstateTechnology or r/texas would be apropos hashtags for this post idk but if you got some evidence of price gouging at the pump that's a technological issue I'm sure you'd get mad quality engagement in a post here in the sub.

−1

[deleted] t1_ity73gn wrote

[removed]

−28

Un-Scammable t1_itxacpp wrote

In other news, the government is facing a lawsuit for it's foreclosure moratorium causing sky rocketing rents.

−36

throwaway836282672 t1_iu1aqu4 wrote

Didn't that end, like months ago?

Un-Scammable t1_iu1j1n9 wrote

It's impact will last for centuries.

throwaway836282672 t1_iu1jfwg wrote

What impact will be felt for centuries?

Un-Scammable t1_iu3ip81 wrote

The stimulus overflow that will keep the economy and markets wet from the flood of cash.

throwaway836282672 t1_iu4334c wrote

That's what happened, but what are the impacts of this? In other words, what are the repercussions that will be felt for multiple hundred years (centuries).

Un-Scammable t1_iu6de56 wrote

I am being a bit exaggerative because it's a positive spin and positive spins always need an extra boost in the social media news space because FUD is so heavily dominate. Basically, an extreme spike in the M2 money supply floods the earth with currency that winds up in every crevice of every corner. It's highly inflationary that takes decades if not centuries to wash out. That's why the Fed is having problems trying to hamper inflation.