Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Un-Scammable t1_itxacpp wrote

In other news, the government is facing a lawsuit for it's foreclosure moratorium causing sky rocketing rents.

−36

ArcherStirling t1_itxh3ka wrote

Capitalism. It's what makes America great!

BoredGeek1996 t1_itxo9o9 wrote

The wall monitor screen lights up, relieving the gloom of the Megacorp Affordable Compact Housing Unit (MACHU) with an eerie green glow.

Pounding headache. Alcohol smells.

"7AM in the morning? On a Saturday? Who could that be?"

A message in the inbox: Notice of Rent Increase.

"Shit. They just raised it two months ago!"

"Well that one's early! At least I don't have to wake you up now. "

"Very funny, JOI."

Megacorp Community Credits (MCC) trinkling away on the screen.

"Well honey I'll let the folks over there know they can't keep doing this. In the meantime, go freshen up. I'll have your 3D printed bacon ready."

From the wall television speakers: Due to recent housing shortages, rental of MACHUs per week have been increased by 17%

"Who the hell decides these rates?"

(sounds of sizzling emanating from the corner kitchen)

"You mean over at Megacorp? Over there, the algorithms control. The algorithms decide."

jsmith_92 t1_itxw4x3 wrote

“Texas based” that explains it

RagingAnemone t1_ityb228 wrote

Collusion. It's not the software that makes it illegal.

TheTrueFishbunjin t1_itzc3jr wrote

Can’t wait for the lawsuit to cost this company less than the extra money they earned and for none of the legal winnings to go to people who rented from this company

DangerStranger138 OP t1_iu1jasx wrote

We're in technology subreddit how is this pertinent? Realpage is a software program at the core of this colluding price fixing cartel. Perhaps r/RealEstateTechnology or r/texas would be apropos hashtags for this post idk but if you got some evidence of price gouging at the pump that's a technological issue I'm sure you'd get mad quality engagement in a post here in the sub.

−1

Un-Scammable t1_iu6de56 wrote

I am being a bit exaggerative because it's a positive spin and positive spins always need an extra boost in the social media news space because FUD is so heavily dominate. Basically, an extreme spike in the M2 money supply floods the earth with currency that winds up in every crevice of every corner. It's highly inflationary that takes decades if not centuries to wash out. That's why the Fed is having problems trying to hamper inflation.