Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

free-beer t1_ixwrf2f wrote

Oh geez guys. I know I'm late to the party and this is going to get buried but Northwest Bio (the company doing this research) is a well known fraud.

The study in question failed it's primary endpoints....so the company changed the endpoints....and threw out their control arm. The data presented here is compared to a cherry picked "historical control." To make maters worse, this trial has been done for years. The technology used here (dendritic vaccines) has just never lived up to the hype and is pretty old at this point.

All of this is basically unacceptable to the FDA, and this will never get approved, but that's not the grift these guys are involved in. Their scam is to just endlessly offer stock and pay themselves enormous salaries. They never want this program to complete. This trial in particular took over a decade with endless delays.

Do not trust this research. Do not trust this company.

Source: I've been an equity research analyst for the past dozen years and I have a PhD. I have no position in NWBO.

MRC1986 t1_ixwzzl0 wrote

Yep, this is smoke and mirrors. NWBO is a total scam.

beehive000 t1_ixxfo2p wrote

I wondered about this. My dad died from GBM in July, and we’d been watching NWBO for their ph3 results, which seemed to be taking forever to come in after the trial ended. We watched the initial presentation of the results before he died, I want to say sometime in the spring, and were not at all impressed by the results. I think it was just a couple months added to the prognosis, not anything different from the other experimental treatments out there. Was surprised to see this article represents the same trial, but published so much later.

This is a devastating disease.

Robbie1945 t1_ixxsxwg wrote

I’m a failed bio major but invest in some pharma stocks and my fiancé’s dad asked me about this company and after researching them and results I recommend he not buy in, he lost 30k. He’s a chiropractor so he thinks he knows medicine but he only believes in supplements and holistic stuff. He also lost 50k or more in Evoke because he wasnt happy with doubling his money.