Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Caraes_Naur t1_ixin4wn wrote

People call me crazy for saying this, but I think MS decided a few years ago to slowly transform Windows into a GUI layer on top of Linux, with some compatibility stuff added to keep the transition as seamless as MS can achieve. I expect the transformation to be complete within a decade.

−2

iapetus_z t1_ixiq694 wrote

The CEO basically said that a few years ago when he took over. Most of their azure money is coming for the Linux side I'd imagine. They don't even have a true desktop client in azure. You have to install the server version.

iapetus_z t1_ixiq7jp wrote

The CEO basically said that a few years ago when he took over. Most of their azure money is coming for the Linux side I'd imagine. They don't even have a true desktop client in azure. You have to install the server version.

BA_calls t1_ixl3d74 wrote

You are describing MacOS which essentially a GUI running on modified BSD. Yes MS saw how they were bleeding developers and compsci students to Apple because for years they insisted on powershell bs.

Heres_your_sign t1_ixjafns wrote

I already have that, it's called a Mac. Only gripe is that it's a FBSD derivative, but it is the most stable unix-based development platforms on the market.