Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

ChuckChuckelson t1_iyqy6a7 wrote

−7

Skippy27 t1_iyti0rj wrote

Entitled to your opinion of course but the older B-2 development allowed for the building of titanium joints, used in new era prostetics and super plastics which is now used to prevent cardiac arrest, to name a few.

Obviously I think government should invest in these technologies directly and not have them spin-off of military development but that's not the world we live in.

TLDR: If you ever lose a limb or survive a heart attack, you might not consider it a waste of money.

ChuckChuckelson t1_iytp943 wrote

Horseshit and we have a second rate medical system and the worst child poverty rate in the developed world. And private equity get richer beyond belief. I’m supposed to get goggle eyed by this piece of war mongering. Gtfo.

−6

Skippy27 t1_iyvgq50 wrote

This is a tech sub. I get that society in general is not where you want it to be and government spending is not to your liking but that doesn't change the fact that there have been large benefits from these programs outside of military use.

ChuckChuckelson t1_iyvhouq wrote

That’s bull shit. If the mind power an money we’re used to develop tech for the people in peaceful society we would be way ahead of now. Secrecy keep a lot of tech behind closed doors for decades. Great engineering minds are occupied with building killing machines instead of solving problems for people. You brainwashed tech heads can’t get it through your mind. Total waste of money and talent.

fuckeh t1_iyry6c5 wrote

Keeps China and Russia from trying to nuke the good guys though.

ChuckChuckelson t1_iys0h4q wrote

Bullshit created for the assholes who own defense contracts

−6

fuckeh t1_iys13v7 wrote

Nah it has practical use of great importance

−2