Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

elefantsblue t1_j1g3esf wrote

Just a few steps away from the social credit score being fully implemented.

HornyJamal t1_j1g7v48 wrote

They already started that when they wanted a government ID for shit like Paypal and co.

nicuramar t1_j1itljp wrote

Maybe I’m just used to a different kind of society (Denmark), but I don’t really see the problem with that?

andygchicago t1_j1hebj2 wrote

A few steps after that will be GATTACA and DNA tests on street corners

XxHavanaHoneyxX t1_j1h05po wrote

They run criminal record checks for people applying to work with children. This isn’t really any different. Meet some completely stranger, often for drinks, on an app is extremely risky. Most of the time it’s fine but you are extremely vulnerable of the person you are meeting has bad intentions. If they can filter out people known to have previously had bad intentions that isn’t a bad thing.

elefantsblue t1_j1i139u wrote

Except the courts aren’t just and their intentions aren’t pure. It’s just another way to further insert themselves and their self righteous bullshit into the lives of individuals.

nicuramar t1_j1itobp wrote

> Except the courts aren’t just and their intentions aren’t pure.

Is that a fact or your opinion? Also, in what country?

psyon t1_j1iq69h wrote

How is it any different if you meet some stranger at a bar, a grocery store, or anywhere else? You can have your first date in a very public space, but if they woo you enough, you will eventually be alone with them.

XxHavanaHoneyxX t1_j1ixj20 wrote

It’s isn’t. They might be lying to you but in the very least you have seen their face. Difference with online is that there’s an opportunity to screen convicted fraudsters, murders, violent offenders, stalkers and rapists. It won’t catch potential criminals for sure. But it’s something.

psyon t1_j1jio43 wrote

Meet them in a very public place for your first date then.

seksismart t1_j1is2s0 wrote

Lmfao WHAAAAAAT? Did you just really compare getting a background check to work with vulnerable populations to using Tinder?

I mean, there ARE alot of people with mental ilness trying to date these days... Maybe you are right. Maybe we should make a MentalCaseTinder app, specifically for vulnerable population people.

Would certainly make my life easier not to have to deal with them.