Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Wotg33k t1_j1mur66 wrote

Blah blah blah. Religion is stupid and humans are dumb.

If you learn to abstract, you'll see that all these words are worthless. I guess I should say the same thing to myself, though, because here I fucking am, writing worthless words for people who won't even remember them 5 seconds from now.

Man. To quote Bill Nye, "the world is on fucking fire". None of this shit matters. Israel and Palestine sound like wonderful places to learn more about when the literal world isn't ending.

I know, I know. It's not that bad, guy. Right?

Is it not, though? Here we are worried about whether or not a country should be sanctioned when an entire new, plastic landmass exists in the ocean.

The real slow genocide is the genocide of humanity over the course of these years. And, yet, here you are discussing a temporary culture. It doesn't matter!

This shit is going to turn sideways to the point that Hamas and Israel and America doesn't exist anymore if we don't change big shit. These political issues don't fucking matter.

−1

onecrazyguy1 t1_j1mz8yg wrote

This is an idiotic comment. As a point though, although there are religious aspects to to the conflict(Ownership of Jerusalem and temple mount, ect..), it really has very little to do with religion anymore as much as it's about control of land and not wanting to be attacked.

Wotg33k t1_j1n16t8 wrote

It's not idiotic. It's naive to think that any human problem today is important at all.

Don't get me wrong. I don't want to lose Ukraine or see genocide in Palestine. No thanks.

But none of that matters if we don't rein in our bullshit ON A GLOBAL, SPECIES LEVEL.

Really. What difference does it make if we save Palestine from Israel only to see that entire swath of the earth be uninhabitable?

That's what we're looking at here. Make no mistake. It's that serious. I'm not some insane mfr either. I just study shit and know stuff. Climate change is going to kill us all. This petty bullshit is just a grain of sand compared to that.