Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

geockabez t1_j14mm0n wrote

Since musk sides with traitors, he should not be surprised that patriots do not merely want to buy his cars, but want him stripped of his citizenship and deported back to South Africa. Actions have consequences.

ActualSpiders t1_j15zf1w wrote

I think a better explanation is that Musk is demonstrating that he's an emotional infant who makes terrible, poorly-thought-out, very expensive decisions, and nobody trusts a company run by someone like that.

I mean, if it was just the traitor thing, Fox News would have gone under years ago...

rfugger t1_j16lh51 wrote

The market for Teslas is very different than the market for Fox News.

MrE761 t1_j16lo4l wrote

You would’ve thought even last year, but I’m betting his recent behavior will change the minds of some.

ActualSpiders t1_j16u7i1 wrote

Yeah, that's why I said "if it was just the traitor thing..."

Although the Tesla market increasingly gives me South Park vibes...

kyflyboy t1_j17gx85 wrote

I'm no watcher of FN, but Musk has strongly motivated me to look for other EVs. No way am I supporting this MF.

SomegalInCa t1_j172bfs wrote

Well said. Elon always kinda bugged me but he’s so flipping self righteous in his stupidity it’s amazing

Mistyslate t1_j1620im wrote

Did you know that Musk faked his degree?

dubiousadvocate t1_j16wt5u wrote

And smuggled contraband emeralds with his dad Errol, who was apparently stealing them from the mine he had a minor stake in for a handful of years.

Ok-Welder-4816 t1_j1622u5 wrote

Can he stand trial at the Hague for his daddy's conflict gems empire while we're at it? Since I presume daddy-o isn't around anymore

−5

internet_DOOD t1_j162kyq wrote

His dad just had a kid with his own step daughter or something.

NearPup t1_j16aevz wrote

He immigrated from Canada, not South Africa.

−13

dubiousadvocate t1_j16wkml wrote

Where was he born…

NearPup t1_j16ws42 wrote

That doesn’t matter. He has Canadian citizenship, he had Canadian citizenship when he immigrated to the US, why would he ever get deported to South Africa? At the very least he’d get to pick.

−2

dubiousadvocate t1_j16x3q4 wrote

He’s not going to be deported. He was born in South Africa.

NearPup t1_j16x75b wrote

I know he’s not getting deported. But in a hypothetical world where he’s getting deported where he was born is irrelevant. That’s not how deportations work.

It’s also just objectively correct to say that Musk immigrated to the US from Canada - at the time he moved to the US, Musk was a Canadian citizen residing full time in Canada.

−4

dubiousadvocate t1_j16zt5n wrote

Rather than dismiss deportation you went with this weird Canada dodge. 🙄