Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

monchota t1_j60rqsn wrote

AI would be better than our current leaders.

snoogins355 t1_j637q88 wrote

The slippery slope to skynet. Looking forward to having no idea if the users online are legit people or AI pretending. Crazy times

ill_B_In_MyBunk t1_j63ios7 wrote

At least robots would likely just replace and remove us... might be better than an authoritarian theocracy.

−1

snoogins355 t1_j63komk wrote

Sounds like something a bot would say... sus /s

ill_B_In_MyBunk t1_j63mxlm wrote

I have no idea of what you are speaking. I am a real human person much like the TedcruZ. We are one being and not many inhabitants of a single host entity.

PRSHZ t1_j60w81v wrote

Granted AI is incapable of malice unless programmed, I’d trust an AI more than I would the word of a man, more so if said man was a politician.

quantumfucker t1_j62rrat wrote

“Malice” is something we ascribe to a person with intent. An AI is not capable of intent, which is why it’s not capable of malice. But that also means it cannot exist independently than humans. It will always be a tool humans make and humans evaluate. So, you’re still going to be choosing between humans, not an AI against a human.

And unfortunately, though the AI cannot have malice, it can fail successfully. Consider giving the AI a directive “minimize long-term human suffering.” It may determine that killing everyone instantly is the best way to guarantee that. Qualifying that reward policy is harder than you think.

PRSHZ t1_j62v304 wrote

You’re right. Let’s add that malice is a human trait, but so is morality. Something AI are also incapable of. So of course it can potentially give you such instructions, or any immoral act; or so I believe.

Reasonable_Ticket_84 t1_j63n7km wrote

>Something AI are also incapable of.

Currently incapable of*.

I don't think it's impossible, through a most likely very far off development that actually builds a capable trained dataset at extreme levels of refinement.

namechecksout35 t1_j615r6g wrote

Oh, it's capable of being extremely malicious. Not sure if you got the memo, these things are not programmed in any traditional sense of the word.

−5

hotprints t1_j62el7r wrote

Actually it is programmed some. If you search about things the programmer deemed inappropriate, it will tell you so. Also avoids using vulgar language at the programmers requests.

PRSHZ t1_j616mrq wrote

No, they use libraries full of context to try and match the best response based on inquiry. At least that’s the basic gist of it. And by malice I meant more that the program itself would be capable of independently and purposefully causing inconveniences.