Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

ElectroFlannelGore t1_j6du0he wrote

I think you're being down voted because the chips are actually made in Taiwan. Or I don't know why... People have been flocking to defend China and things like TikTok recently.... I'm honestly starting to think they've hypnotized people.

SendLewdsStat t1_j6dujh9 wrote

I don’t care about votes, but the shipping address on nearly all Intel , Cisco , apple, dell, HP equipment I’ve been getting is from various places in the China. So how they assembled them with out the chips must be amazing…

ElectroFlannelGore t1_j6dvlv3 wrote

Yeah. They assemble things but they're not allowed to buy them. Wolf guarding the henhouse type of deal.

Of course thousands of chips are going to "fall off a truck"

ovirt001 t1_j6f98oa wrote

Although it really should be, it isn't a blanket ban on China receiving US chips. Specific companies connected to China's military are prohibited from receiving the chips (granted in a country like China this is meaningless because all companies are subject to the whims of the state). Chinese companies only assemble the final product and this is slowly changing as production moves to Vietnam and India.

EC_CO t1_j6erwod wrote

Pretty sure a lot of those 'defenders' are bots and paid Chinese communist supporters. They've been doing it for years

ElectroFlannelGore t1_j6esqnp wrote

Yeah those are easy to pick out. There's a lot of what appear to be real people "following the pack" though. It's really sad. Super disheartening.

−1

bairbs t1_j6evi24 wrote

They're not real people online. Just make sure people around you in your day-to-day have their heads on straight and press them if it seems like they're slipping

−4

ElectroFlannelGore t1_j6eypbf wrote

Lol I'm in the same one.

I said:

>Politics aside, it's not any more toxic than Reddit and Instagram.

>Disagree. It's how the information is presented that makes it so addictive and harmful. That's like saying,"Doritos are no worse than salted corn on the cob."

>No.

>However Instagram and Reddit and everyone else is trying to copy their secret sauce. The difference here is that the type of information presented won't be controlled by a CCP developed algorithm.

>It's been beaten to death but in China TikTok is full of science and maths and laudable people doing laudable things. That's what they expose their children to.

>In America, well, you see what American TikTok is...

and every single post on my account has started getting tons of Down votes.

bairbs t1_j6ezc12 wrote

Same haha

here's a tip to any trolls reading this: you'll have more luck and an easier work day slopping around on r/conservative. But at this point that place is mostly trolls and bots responding to each other

−3

GBreezy t1_j6gyyjr wrote

That's the real thing. Taiwan is seeking PRC the chips. Adding America is just clickbait. This could literally be "Chinese buy iphones"

bairbs t1_j6eva85 wrote

It's all a massive troll army. I'm in another thread with people telling me that banning tiktok isn't constitutional. When I ask them what about it isn't constitutional, they usually shut up. Attack their statements directly, and don't let them get away with the nonsense

ovirt001 t1_j6f9ila wrote

They're told by their handlers to parrot this because they don't understand how freedom of speech works in relation to software. The US cannot ban American programs due to legal precedent. This does not carry over to foreign programs.