Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

chubbysumo t1_j3eoeu8 wrote

> Hold up, uber has been fucking taxi services and taxi drivers and NOW they turn to the Taxi and Limousine Commission for help??

yes, to tell the TLC that they can't raise fare rates.

pickleer t1_j3eqt05 wrote

They have to BECAUSE OF UBER. They're looking out for their union members, taking care of their drivers.

Don't get me wrong- ride share makes ecological sense. But current ride share companies, ESPECIALLY FUCKING UBER, are taking financial advantage over riders, people with families that drive for a living, and their own drivers, all whilst sucking down all the profit. They don't give back to the local economies, only prey upon them. And just check the news: How many registered and bonded taxi drivers rape or otherwise abuse their fares vs uber drivers?

chubbysumo t1_j3erdf4 wrote

oh, I know, and agree. This is uber suing the TLC to stop a fare increase. read the article. the courts didn't block a pay increase for just Uber and lyft drivers, but for all taxi drivers in NYC, and the company suing to stop that fare increase is Uber.

I do contracted deliveries. Uber/lyft/fooddudes are a scourge that prey upon people not knowing the true costs of driving their cars around a lot more. they prey upon the fact that drivers won't consider the added maintence or fuel or insurance costs(for proper commercial insurance) into how much they are getting paid to realize they are going into debt for a company that is literally losing billions per year to kill taxi companies around the world and drive down pay for everyone. uber is holding the entire delivery and driver service wage back because its the lowest pay, thus, everyone must suffer at that price.