Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

LoretiTV t1_j9pvo1m wrote

Wish her well! Love the show and everything I've seen Jean in.

i_love_anachronisms t1_j9q47td wrote

Jean Smart can do no wrong. I've been rewatching old episodes of Designing Women. Even in the trappings of a dated (and occasionally cringe) sitcom she's still a joy to watch.

BigAddam t1_j9q0f9o wrote

This is surprising. The way season two ended I thought that was it. They wrapped it all up nicely I thought.

vangie1700 t1_j9qdpph wrote

I figured this would be the one show to survive the HBO Max purge, since it’s so highly acclaimed.

sicklyslick t1_j9r55in wrote

And much cheaper than something like raised by wolves

Sonicfan42069666 t1_j9y6hjf wrote

HBO apparently asked Jesse Armstrong for more Succession, but he decided to end it at season 4.

vangie1700 t1_j9y8usn wrote

I think Succession is a true HBO show, not an HBO Max title.

ron-darousey t1_j9rakxt wrote

It would have been a good ending story-wise but I would have been personally gutted as a fan lol

slymm t1_j9rlufg wrote

That's the sign of a great ending. Wraps a story and leaves us wanting more

SupaFecta t1_j9s04nu wrote

I still laugh at that last line from the season. “Of course you will see me again… You’ll see me in court!”

ChickenInASuit t1_j9uvje2 wrote

Except that wasn’t the last line, it ended with Ava finding out Deborah had dropped the lawsuit.

Kevbot1000 t1_j9un83k wrote

I feel like it was written as a potential series finale.

FoxOntheRun99 t1_j9r95nz wrote

"Put your doctor on the phone, put your doctor on the phone...PUT YOUR DOCTOR ON THE PHONE"

Wishing Jean Smart a speedy recovery. Her recent run has been inspired. Hacks is great.

throwawaythrow0000 t1_j9rpn7j wrote

She was so freaking good on Frasier, well anything she does really. That scene alone is what earned her that Emmy. So funny. Shame there's no decent clip of it on youtube.

JuzoItami t1_j9qdkpk wrote

I’m so glad that she’s recovering well. We need to keep her around another 30 years or so.

Jean Smart is a national treasure.

TARSrobot t1_j9qvd15 wrote

I had no idea Season 3 was in production!

bdubb_dlux t1_j9rwaog wrote

Jean Smart is a national treasure. Mend well.

Tim-in-CA t1_j9sgut7 wrote

Get well soon Jean. Hacks is great!

ladyKfaery t1_j9swgn2 wrote

Get well soon Ms. Smart. She’s awesome.

ChiefBr0dy t1_j9u2jma wrote

I like Smart, she's quite a charismatic screen presence. But I find Hacks to be quite bizarrely very overrated. Although, that might have something more to do with her insufferable partner in the series.

TheHeyHeyMan t1_j9u6utj wrote

Gotta get that ticker in tip top shape to play Andy Samberg's love interest in their new movie together, makes sense to me. Here's to a speedy and healthy recovery!

prince_of_gypsies t1_ja1krym wrote

Man, season 2 was even better than the first. She was fantastic in it.

BasicReputations t1_j9r6c7e wrote

Enjoy the show, but the young writer character still doesn't make sense to me.

−8