Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

keeltheone t1_j93ipx4 wrote

Absolutely Not, 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

This is a joke, right?

Retrofusion11 OP t1_j93j1eu wrote

how big of a quality gap are we talking?

Power seemed to be more grounded overall, Breaking Bad had unrealistic moments at times

−54

64Impaler t1_j93jk9d wrote

Basically it’s the difference between some gum you found on the ground that was being used as a hobo urinal Vs dinner at a Michelin three-starred restaurant.

TheBroadHorizon t1_j93p0n8 wrote

That was very much a deliberate part of what made Breaking Bad so great. It perfectly balanced its more serious moments with a bit of over-the-top pulpiness.

onebadmex66 t1_j93jdw5 wrote

Are they both TV shows? Yes. And that’s about the only thing they have in common. BB is among the most well made shows in television history. Power was on TV. That’s about it.

Westeros t1_j94ybdp wrote

Excellent troll lmfao

admiralvic t1_j93j0it wrote

Is there like a soap opera named Breaking Bad that I am not aware of?

_rufus t1_j93lc12 wrote

Not even close. Power is a really good tv-show, but that is just showing how good BB really is.

NagoyaR t1_j93s16v wrote

Weird that everyone here hates Power but it actually has a 8.1 on IMDb. It shouldn't be that bad

Strawberrycocoa t1_j95i414 wrote

Never fully trust a review site, they are prone to bots.

BadNewsBeards t1_j97i4u0 wrote

Never fully trust r/television when it comes to any minority led tv show.

−3

therockethornet t1_j9bjixw wrote

Demographics read the room. That being said, I thought breaking bad was better in terms of character development. I could relate to characters more in power.

noobchee t1_j95e88x wrote

Power is a great show, So is Breaking Bad

Why do they need to be compared

Enjoy both in their own ways

che-che-chester t1_j93zvay wrote

I wanted to like Power and, on paper, it seemed like a show right up my alley, but it was simply not good. Meanwhile, BB is generally considered one of the best shows of all time.

CRoseCrizzle t1_j9ci7cw wrote

I like Power but absolutely not.

kmank2l13 t1_j9x07b9 wrote

I do not.

Breaking Bad has some very consistent writing with their characters and storylines where as Power does not. There needs to be a suspension of belief when watching Power as some of their characters and their motives can be a little unbelievably at times.

sergiocamposnt t1_j97a868 wrote

The Wire and The Sopranos are the only crime dramas on the same level as Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul.

youngbaebae96 t1_j9co0mv wrote

This comment section really makes me realize how insufferable BB fans are

anasui1 t1_j96lx9b wrote

lol. Empire was better than Power, and that was the campiest, most unintentionally hilarious show I've watched in recent years

−1

64Impaler t1_j93jocn wrote

I can’t watch anything with that weird looking white guy from Power.

He looks like if an albino black guy had a 28 hour operation to look like a generic white guy.

−20