Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

ChaserNeverRests t1_jb7ib9z wrote

Yeah! And I loved how all the characters were grey, no "good guys" and "bad guys".

Ark has some elements of that, but... god it's just so bad. It's like a bad YA version of SGU.

opiate_lifer OP t1_jb7j4vu wrote

By episode 5 its clear this show is NOT as serious as the trailer and early episodes made it seem. Evil clones exist in this setting, and they have a propensity to go psychotic suddenly.

The concept of aliens is also introduced, based off almost nothing via dialogue.

ChaserNeverRests t1_jb7jho8 wrote

I think I only made it to 3. When they somehow mined water, filling their entire tanks up in a moment, from the asteroid. And then letting people have unlimited showers. Because they just couldn't run out of water again, right?

Now I've made myself annoyed again, haha.

Evil clones sounds exactly like a plot they'd use.

opiate_lifer OP t1_jb7jwq8 wrote

Apparently they don't even have equipment to test or treat the water because it ends up poisoning the entire crew and they are all hallucinating next episode.

ChaserNeverRests t1_jb7k9pr wrote

Oh god that sounds amazingly bad. I'm tempted to watch it just to see how bad, but it will only annoy me because if it were better, it could be an amazing show.

I love the idea so much, just hate all the characters and the writing. I'd love to see it full of adult, intelligent, reasonable characters.