Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

MarvelsGrantMan136 OP t1_jbplsrx wrote

>Bedrock catches up with the Flintstone family two decades later, with Fred on the brink of retirement and 20-something Pebbles embarking on her own career. As the Stone Age gives way to a shiny and enlightened new Bronze Age, the residents of Bedrock will find this evolution harder than a swing from Bamm-Bamm’s club.

Cast:

• Elizabeth Banks as Pebbles
  • Stephen Root as Fred
  • Amy Sedaris as Wilma
  • Nicole Byer as Betty
  • Joe Lo Trulio as Barney
  • Manny Jacinto as Bam Bam.

Community_Chess t1_jbpm8vv wrote

Solid as hell cast there.

Now they just need to toss in Paul reubens as the great gazoo.

OneGoodRib t1_jbq86xy wrote

The Great Gazoo is honestly not even one of the top 10 stupidest things on the original show. Everyone just ignores that there's a Bewitched crossover in it for no apparent reason.

Available-Camera8691 t1_jbqve6r wrote

I always like to imagine the pitch for ideas like that. "Just picture it! It'll be the talk of every school's playground, office's water cooler, and home's dinner table that week! Works for the whole family!"

MillBeeks t1_jbt05iu wrote

Gazoo is in the top 10 greatest things about that show, and how dare you sully his name by connecting him with the Bewitched crossover... Which wasn't even that bad.

jadedfan55 t1_jc42350 wrote

The Bewitched x-over was because it was on the same network as the Flintstones (ABC) and from the same parent studio (Screen Gems). Gerry Johnson (Betty) appeared on Bewitched during its 1st season. You'd have to look quick, as she appears at the end of "A Vision of Sugar Plums" w/Bill Daily to adopt Bill Mumy's character. So, Dick York & Elizabeth Montgomery agreed to return the favor and do the x-over the following season.

jl_theprofessor t1_jbpvlt8 wrote

You know I'm kind of interested in the premise. A technological shift from the Stone Age to the Bronze Age? I dunno that sounds like an interesting jump start.

2rio2 t1_jbqib3x wrote

Yea that’s actually a solid spin on the original. Turn Fred & Wilma into Boomers who don’t get new tech.

What do you mean you drive without feet now?

mmm126 t1_jbpuj2b wrote

Were the bronze and stone ages only 20 years apart? 😜

ImSomebodyNow t1_jbpvidi wrote

They were 0 years apart.

But the Bronze Age was not 20 years away from the dinosaurs.

Indigocell t1_jbrazvm wrote

Pretty sure we never used dinosaurs as vehicles either, so I think we can give them a pass on the details.

PainStorm14 t1_jbrlvqh wrote

Neil deGrasse Tyson wouldn't have given them a pass

OneGoodRib t1_jbq7p86 wrote

No, but they also didn't celebrate Christmas and have talking elephant vacuum cleaners during the stone age.

MGD109 t1_jbqj0xx wrote

I mean it depends what you mean, parts of the Neolithic age was technically.

Of course due to lack of safe travel in those days and scarcity of resources, you could cross from the stone age into the bronze age and back again, over a span of maybe two hundred miles.

FanofK t1_jbqmfsd wrote

So is this before Bamm bamm and pebbles had a kid?

khanfusion t1_jbu2uic wrote

Holy shit Manny Jacinto as Bam Bam is an awesome casting choice.