Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

-DementedAvenger- t1_jd4vnr3 wrote

Did you listen to the Rooster Teeth podcast to get the idea to look for this?

derstherower t1_jd4ycq5 wrote

I love how the "Law & Order Universe" has its own section.

But even aside from the "omg fan theory it was all in his mind" stuff, it really is insane how this has been able to be mapped out. Cory in the House is connected to Better Call Saul

Legitimate_Ad8347 t1_jd4zug6 wrote

Simply one of tv's biggest mindf**ck or/ f**k you by the writers.

I never seen it, but I heard about it. I wonder how people felt about when it first aired. Must have been some angry and/or confused people.

jl_theprofessor t1_jd51k99 wrote

All I know about St Elsewhere is this scene and not much else. I really have no idea what it's about.

Maninhartsford t1_jd548b9 wrote

That's a fun Easter egg. Since they both are about societies that began on earth, there's no real reason why they couldn't exist simultaneously, albeit far across the galaxy from each other

emby5 t1_jd5j601 wrote

Wasn't that much of an outcry, it was unusual, but it wasn't a phenomenon. M*A*S*H had sort of set the standard for finales at that time, and not many shows in that era knew ahead of time they would have a final episodes. Many shows didn't know their fates for the following season.

StarChild413 t1_jd5v6nr wrote

But isn't the all-those-other-shows-are-in-this-kid's-imagination theory (nothing's to say they couldn't be connected otherwise they just can't be six-degrees-of-St.-Elsewhere-d into being even more fake) disproven by the fact that The X-Files did a crossover with what's ostensibly a reality show, COPS, therefore potentially connecting our universe to that whole Gordian knot but we couldn't watch those shows if we were

sweetpeapickle t1_jd91qff wrote

How old are you people? It's funny how many will use the phrase jumping the shark, usually wrong, but don't know what St Elsewhere was about? This is why tv lists on reddit rarely seem to hit the last century. These are the shows people should binge, because many are the reasons the shows popular today, came about.

sweetpeapickle t1_jd92t4e wrote

Love, love love St Elsewhere. I still remember Murder She Rote, Mrs Hufnagel a recurring "patient" and the malfunctioning hospital bed. You would have to watch the series to understand how hysterically funny it was....over someone's death.

CollateralSandwich t1_jdbna5p wrote

NewsRadio spoofed the scene in its episode "Daydream", which at the end shows Mr James looking into a snow globe of WNYX