Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

drupoxy t1_is6g5sl wrote

Like trying to compare erotic Spongebob fan fiction to The Brothers Karamazov. They were barely even written by Brian Herbert. A vast majority of the writing was done by Kevin J Anderson, who is a complete hack. He does his writing by taking long walks and just freestyling the prose into a microphone, which he then transcribes when he gets home with only a bit of tweaking. Everything about them is terrible, there is not a single redeeming quality.

sgthombre t1_is6hy28 wrote

> done by Kevin J Anderson, who is a complete hack

It's lowkey inspiring that Kevin J Anderson has had a writing career as long and as successful as he has when his best work is a few mediocre Star Wars novels in the 90's. If he can get published, you can too!

Delicious-Tachyons t1_is6v29h wrote

He's a nice guy. I've met him.

Is he a complete hack? No. That's not a nice thing to say considering writing novels and having them coherent and interesting enough to read through is pretty fucking difficult. How do I know? I'm still struggling on book #1.

Are his books just kinda OK? Yeah. But the man has written hundreds of novels. HUNDREDS. He's the guy when you want a novel tie-in to your TV/movie/game.

He can crank something out in a week or two. I'm not kidding. It just flies out of his fingers.

Schmilsson1 t1_isapzai wrote

you're struggling because you're not a novelist.

>He can crank something out in a week or two.

No shit. that's what hacks do. they don't spend years fussing over work.

Delicious-Tachyons t1_isatxss wrote

> you're struggling because you're not a novelist.

always saying such nice things

metromachine t1_is6hqjr wrote

Damn, well hopefully they do their own thing then. I was very skeptical when I searched the book and saw it was written in 2012.