Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

mylord420 t1_itmt4zt wrote

Season 7? Try season 5. Or "bad poosay" and the whole dorne arc was acceptable to you?

Poetspas t1_itn2eob wrote

"Acceptable to me"? Bro it's a show. I love the books and devoured them multiple times but at the end of the day I'm consuming a piece of media and a product. If I'm watching it, I guess I'm accepting its existence? Sure.

Dorne was pretty uninspired yeah. Shallow compared to the books. It was also like 6 scenes total in an entire season. And season 5 and 6 were, in general, still engaging television. For every 'Jaime in Dorne arc', there was still a 'Jaime in the Riverlands arc'. For every 'Arya in Braavos arc', there was still a 'Stannis burns Shireen arc'. One bad part does not erase a good part. And season 2 and, if I'm honest, season 3 also had some uninspired and simplistic parts. Long stretches of AFFC are also pretty boring and unengaging if you're reading it for the first time and are not in the right mindset for long meandering world-building. I "accept" that as well. Not everything can be Tyrion's trial level of engagement. Nor do I expect it to be.

Season 7 and 8 were, except for maybe the Field of Fire v.2 and Winterfell episodes, completely terrible. There really wasn't anything saving it on a whole. That just wasn't the case for season 5 and 6. So yeah, bad poosey and the Dorne subplot were "acceptable to me".

MrDabollBlueSteppers t1_itnfngy wrote

Season 5 and 6 had some jarring moments and the quality fell off compared to Seasons 1-4 but as a whole it was still enjoyable TV

Seasons 7 and 8 are borderline unwatchable