Submitted by kettlebellthrow21 t3_xyvrfb in television

I don’t believe that Trevor Noah or Hasan Minhaj collaborated in any way on the timing of the announcement followed shortly after by this special being released, but the timing does seem fortuitous for Hasan if he does want the position.

The entire special is a retrospective on dicey events in which Hasan couldn’t help but make social commentary and how that affected his personal/professional life. He gives examples of him not backing down from confrontation, handling all the media attention, and subsequently learning how the process affects him and his family.

Spoiler

It especially feels like he’s talking to Comedy Central execs when he summarizes his new mission statement at the end of the show: >!He will continue to make criticisms up until the point of legality or his families safety!<

This is not a call out by the way, I actually thought the special was pretty good. Just an observation as people are discussing the future of the show.

Comments