Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

ihohjlknk t1_ixep01z wrote

I was worried this was going to be canceled in the wake of Zaslav's slash-and-burn policy at HBO. It looks like it's safe for one more season, at least.

austinrose7 t1_ixepdmj wrote

Zaslav has yet to cancel a good show.

S1 is a good show, so this was safe.

beachguy82 t1_ixf366x wrote

Raised by wolves was a true science fiction show at its finest.

nightfishin t1_ixf71jo wrote

That one was a mess and had some slog episodes.

austinrose7 t1_ixf68pd wrote

That show was a mess imo but I’m glad other people enjoyed it. I didn’t get past the second episode.

Pleasant-Article8131 t1_ixfl292 wrote

In my experience for some shows it takes a little time before it gets its claws in you. The Wire took me 5-6 episodes but at that point there was no turning back

Felt like this show is similar in this regard.

bruiser95 t1_ixgxop6 wrote

And then went on to shit the bed in the season 1 finale. Was doomed after that anyway

APiousCultist t1_ixkrszf wrote

That's definitely more of a 'huge fucking cash sink' sort of a show. Sucks that people are losing out, but it's not one that got memory-holed like all the cartoons.

BalticsFox t1_ixf0yi8 wrote

Wasn't Westworld a good one?

mug3n t1_ixfi8qj wrote

After season 1, the quality dropped off. Season 4 picked it back up and recovered imo but a day late, dollar short. Those 2 year gaps between seasons also do not help with building interest.

austinrose7 t1_ixf6591 wrote

Haven’t watched it tbh but the near-unanimous consensus seems to be that after S1, the answer to that is definitely no until S4, at which point it was too late to rescue its own reputation.

Viewership declined after S2 and absolutely plummeted after S3.

kidgorgeous62 t1_ixj2550 wrote

Season 3 had great ideas but absolutely fumbled the ending it was borderline embarrassing. I don’t blame people for being turned off. Season 4 was better though.

Corteaux81 t1_ixghfaw wrote

After the park, it just goes downhill. It also tried way too hard to "subvert expectations" and shit... It just wasn't good, even though season 1 was great.

UXyes t1_ixfzhin wrote

No. It was trash after the first season.

APiousCultist t1_ixksh3n wrote

Wasn't he responsible for memory-holing several highly rated multi-season animated shows though? Like Infinity Train or Final Space might not be things you've watched, but they ran for multiple seasons and had very high ratings. I suppose that's different than cancelling them, but it's also much worse. Now the only practical way to view them is yar-har-yiddle-de-dee.