Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Sojourner_Truth t1_iy380zw wrote

If you're not engrossed with the central premise by episode 3 it's probably just not for you. Nothing dramatically changes through the season IMO, it's just that the innies get more and more confrontational and begin to make their own plans.

srstone71 t1_iy86g3c wrote

What you’re saying is mainly correct, but I do think the show gets more compelling in later episodes. So much of the first few episodes were focused on Petey, which wasn’t all that compelling to me (even tho it was necessary to start outtie Mark on his journey.)

The core of the show IMO is the relationships built between the innies and their increasing curiosity about what’s out there. That really takes a couple of episodes to pick up. I think once Innie Mark starts to get on board with Helly the show’s plot really takes off.

Sojourner_Truth t1_iy8lmej wrote

Yeah the Petey stuff was probably the weakest subplot.

I'd also say the scene where Helly's outtie sends her the video message was the "I'm fucking IN" moment for me. Up to that point I was thinking sure, cool show, I'll watch it. But at that scene I decided to binge it all in one sitting.