Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

WeDriftEternal t1_ivde4qs wrote

If I'm the NFL, I'm taking the broadcast network that bids the most money. Everything else is noise. NFL owners want their money. Its also too political to choose favorites. Zero controversy is best -- you gave me more money, congrats! Hey other guys, you all have a shot next time, we don't play favorites -- just bid the most and its yours.

Don't play favorites, invite everyone to the party and let them fight over the last slice of cake.

Edit: OK but in the spirit of the question, I think NBC is the worst, but its not really about their NFL coverage, they do the same thing with most sports in that they try to create a "story" about things happening on/off the filed rather than keeping their focus on the game or sport. All the networks do this to a degree, NBC is the worst offender

relpmeraggy t1_ivdg4ln wrote

CBS but only because I can’t stand tony romo. Dudes hella annoying imo.

surfsusa t1_ivdiqdw wrote

ABC as the have the worst quality picture broadcasting in 720p.

WeDriftEternal t1_ivdjwj5 wrote

All the broadcast stations are 720p or 1080i. Fox and ABC are 720p, NBC and CBS are 1080i (although I think some CBS affiliates are 720p?). I'm guessing some local stations may have slight variability.

The difference in 720p vs 1080i for broadcast to the end user is nothing. The progressive nature of 720p more than makes up for it being a smaller line count. Additionally, if you're watching any over the air broadcast, its uncompressed, which will likely be a tiny bit better than your cable/sat feed.

ATSC 3.0 will eventually allow 1080p and 4K, but its actually a LOT more complicated to do those resolutions than it appears from the outside, especially for retrans from cable/sat companies

surfsusa t1_ivrjg6q wrote

Stil,l they have the worst quality picture.

NachoBag_Clip932 t1_ivf5k6b wrote

The only time I watch anything on FOX is for football and I do that if it is the only game on and then I get annoyed switching channels at every commercial break just so I dont see whatever BS they are pushing. I dont even listen to FOX sports radio for that reason.

stechreddit t1_ivds6ok wrote

Fox should be left out for the fact they also run a propaganda "news" outlet that actively supported the overthrow of the federal government.

−4

mickeyflinn t1_ivejdbo wrote

The fox that shows the NFL games is no longer part of Murdock's empire. He sold all that to Disney.

tetoffens t1_ivejx0f wrote

Murdock kept the networks besides FX and FXX. Basically just sold the studios.

WeDriftEternal t1_ivfvkw4 wrote

Fox broadcast networks and Fox Sports are still part of Murdock's empire, they were not sold. He sold off Fox cable nets, the studios, the RSNs and such, but kept the broadcast channel and Fox Sports 1. That said, the "Fox Sports" part of the business is basically an entirely separate business than the rest of Fox, just under common ownership of big Fox (who also own Fox News, etc.).

For complicated anti-competitive legal reasons, the broadcast channels and Fox Sports 1 couldn't be included in the Disney deal, and the RSNs had to be divested and most became Bally Sports.