Submitted by smesch83 t3_zsfpiv in television

I randomly thought "Dawson from 'Dawson's Creek' would think a 'Dawson's Creek'-like TV show was super-hokey, and single lawyers like Ally McBeal would not sit at home and watch 'Ally McBeal'"

...and I was wondering which TV characters would absolutely love a show about them or someone similar to them.

(Steven Universe is so enthusiastic that I can see him stanning a show etc. for example, and of course, many narcissistic characters would love to see something they think as flattering. but then, not too many TV characters DO watch a lot of TV, right?)

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

TinyCoblesOutAtSea t1_j17q1gj wrote

Frasier would fuckin love Frasier. "MORE FRASIER", he'd cry, probably even after installing an extra TV to run it on loop

spazzycourt t1_j17x1ui wrote

the gang from it’s always sunny in philadelphia would love the idea originally but then end up complaining about the execution and refilming it to make themselves look better

Maninhartsford t1_j198kcm wrote

"They're making us look like assholes!" "Well, Frank... we kind of ARE assholes." "Yeah but I don't want to LOOK like one!"

Lil_Mcgee t1_j17tvze wrote

Tony Soprano would complain that the protagonist is a whiney little bitch.

Whatever happened to Gary Cooper?

hogua t1_j1a3228 wrote

He died because he fought all those Sioux in all those Westerns.

IgnacioHollowBottom t1_j17qp8v wrote

Ross Geller (loves) and Phoebe Buffay (hates).

LickLickLickBite t1_j18njwp wrote

Joey would be ambivalent because he auditioned for that show and didn’t get the part, but his acting student did.

GallantArmor t1_j17y7jx wrote

Barry would completely miss the point of Barry.

raylan_givens6 t1_j17tdpl wrote

i disagree, Dawson from Dawson's Creek would definitely watch a show like Dawson's Creek

in fact in the last season of the show, we see he's become a successful showrunner/director for his own show, a show that is essentially Dawson's Creek

i think Pacey would never watch Dawson's Creek, neither would Joey or Jen

smesch83 OP t1_j17wqgb wrote

yes, Dawson would want a super-earnest show about his life etc. and he'd like the IDEA of "Dawson's Creek", of course. but I think he would hate or lampshade many of the weirder decisions of the show (the Eve storyline, for example).

raylan_givens6 t1_j17x46q wrote

the Eve storyline was super dumb and never paid off

but it was just a way to keep dawson sidelined while joey and pacey spent the season getting closer

i think the writers realized the show was better when joey and pacey were the focus

in fact, a more accurate title of the show is "Joey's Creek" . the show really revolved around her , not Dawson

smesch83 OP t1_j17xgjh wrote

yes! (also: thanks for taking the time to write such a thoughtful reply here. DC discourse usually stops at "And he's crying lol")

giving Jen a half-sister and have TWO sex-positive girls become friends sounds great, but Eve never was that. (and in the end, Audrey wasn't either because she propped up Joey, not Jen.)

landerson507 t1_j19h9ys wrote

This is what I came to say.

Except, high school Joey would have watched with Dawson and talked over it with her cynicism the whole time while Dawson defended it to the death.

Dawson was very idealistic

landerson507 t1_j19hxje wrote

This is what I came to say.

Except, high school Joey would have watched with Dawson and talked over it with her cynicism the whole time while Dawson defended it to the death.

Dawson was very idealistic.

Pacey would watch it in secret and love it, and be "mortified" when Joey discovered his secret, bc he let some obscure scene slip into conversation. Pacey had a romantic soul (I remember everything)

But spot on with Jen.

Sorry, in the middle of a rewatch with my 16 year old daughter. 😁

CeaWall t1_j17w8cd wrote

Spongebob would watch a Spongebob cartoon.

Randy from the Scream movies would watch Scream.

Joey from Friends would probably watch a Friends sitcom.

Elmo would probably watch Sesame Street.

Spakowski t1_j17vf75 wrote

Tony soprano would love it until Carmella informed him on the subtleties

MusclePuppy t1_j187e61 wrote

Sterling Archer would definitely watch Archer.

Curious_Mx t1_j1beu7f wrote

The Seinfeld guys would probably watch Seinfeld. Jerry would find it fascinating and try to share it with Elaine, "Look Elaine this, is a show, about, nothing!" Krama would get hooked and become obcessed long after the others have moved on, probably skipping sleep and drinking 30 cups of coffee an hour just to stay awake to binge watch. And George would see something mentioned on the show, overthinks and freaks the f*** out. Elaine though, she would take one look, calls the show stupid and walks out.

rdani33 t1_j17s55g wrote

Homelander

KimSmoltzz t1_j18cvyz wrote

I can see the Bluths watching a show about themselves. And Gob and Tobias would love it and Michael and Lindsay would loath it.

Niadh t1_j17z6qu wrote

Sam Axe would enjoy the series with a good mojito

Artikay t1_j1878e1 wrote

I remember Al Bundy enjoying the show that was about him and his family.

zissou713 t1_j19z30v wrote

Michael Scott would love it so much that he would have reruns playing 24/7 in the reception waiting area

the_killer_cannabis t1_j186t9w wrote

Walter White would both love and hate Breaking Bad depending on which season Walter White he is.

sara-ragnarsdottir t1_j188bju wrote

I think the Succession's cast would watch Succession and criticize the hell out of it for being fake while secretly liking it

Maninhartsford t1_j198bzf wrote

JD would watch a show called Scrubs about a doctor named JD and fail to catch the similarities until someone pointed them out to him lol

hogua t1_j1a2cqz wrote

Al Bundy would love a show about a character like Al Bundy - especially if that character’s wife had “Big Uns”

AutoModerator t1_j17pnwn wrote

The 2022 Edition of the r/television Favorite Shows Survey is now open!

You may vote by clicking here.

If you have any questions or concerns, please comment here.

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

Cockapoo17 t1_j188dvj wrote

Rose Nyland would love The Golden Girls as she enjoys talking about and listening to stories in general. Also, the show is quite positive and she is quite a positive person herself.

Dorothy on the other hand would dislike it on the basis that she would find the characters of Rose, Blanche, and Sofia highly annoying if she didn’t know and love them on a personal level.

dakthatpassup t1_j18m94q wrote

Alright that askreddit guy was right this is getting out of hand

mheinken t1_j18nxr2 wrote

That 70’s show

tommy0guns t1_j18ve0u wrote

Ted Mosby. Because nobody likes Ted Mosby. He even watched the film adaptation of himself as Jed Mosley, which was a box office smash…yet Ted Mosby hated it.

jcole660 t1_j19hvou wrote

Dennis Reynolds would love Dennis Reynolds.

Mud_Landry t1_j19ooos wrote

Everyone I know in the medical field can no longer watch medical dramas because they are all bullshit. I dated a nurse and she watched House as a comedy because of how outlandish pretty much every scene is.

WakeUpOutaYourSleep t1_j1a13zg wrote

Kendall Roy. He mentioned wanting to get a Bojack writer for his twitter, and there’s certainly a few comparisons to be made between the two.

Ineedyoursway t1_j1a2t8m wrote

Rick Sanchez stumbles across Rick and Morty on inter dimensional cable, hates how he’s portrayed, and decides he has to kill Dan Harmon.

Oniwaban9 t1_j1avfqw wrote

This is kind of adjacent to what you are asking, but I'm confident Shawn from Psych would enjoy the mentalist, but I'm not sure the mentalist would enjoy Psych.

Enthusiastically t1_j1b1sdv wrote

Badger and Skinny Pete would be big breaking bad fans.

OneTreePhil t1_j1cb95f wrote

Howard and mister Carlin would watch the Bob newhart show

Ted would watch Mary Tyler Moore

Jan would watch the Brady bunch

Gob would watch arrested development but hate it

Gilligan would watch Gilligan's island until he accidentally broke the tv

Cliff would watch Cheers but neglect to tell anyone else it existed

Tucker Carlson would watch himself, obviously

Jay Pritchett would secretly watch married with children

Janet would watch the good place to learn about it

Dean Sanderson would obviously watch the Grinder, and obviously so would Timothy Olyphant