Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Calm_Memories t1_j24ggj5 wrote

S1E3 still makes me ugly cry. Squid Games hasn't done that to me so I'm always in favor of AIB myself, bigger games, more engaging characters and an overall cool vibe. Def recommend it.

Visco0825 t1_j256x3z wrote

This show really does hit you over the head of the idea of mortality, the meaning of life and your values. There are few shows that deal with mortality while also successfully tying together deep themes. I don’t think squid game was as well rounded.

Calm_Memories t1_j25c1lc wrote

As someone with death anxiety, it brought me both fear and comfort. Its messages could be a bit heavy handed but I still appreciated the themes and morals posed. Much of the cast felt well rounded despite only having 16 episodes to work with. I would love to see SG up its games and character development, if it's not going to dive deep into philosophy like Alice in Borderland.

ingloriousbaxter3 t1_j257bne wrote

I’m rewatching season 1 before starting season 2 because I got my friend interested in it.

Even having seen it already episode 3 fucking gutted me.

My friend had to get up and walk away from his computer for a bit

Calm_Memories t1_j25bnsx wrote

It's quite compelling that only 3 episodes in and it can have such an impact given we're still getting to know the cast and dangers. Season 2 was a fun ride and my mind was thoroughly fucked by the end. I hope you guys enjoy the rest of it!