Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

AutoModerator t1_j1z94cd wrote

The 2022 Edition of the r/television Favorite Shows Survey is now open!

You may vote by clicking here.

If you have any questions or concerns, please comment here.

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

spilledkill t1_j1zal6j wrote

I say yes. Was really bummed by Raised by Wolves being cancelled, but I still recommend it. I was also bummed about Wayward Pines. The second season was solid, and although the story doesn't conclude, I still feel like it is worth watching and leaving it open ended. The show doesn't go down hill in quality in my opinion. It just sucks it didn't go further.

HappinessIsAWarmPoop t1_j1zamvf wrote

Season 1 was great; iirc season 2 was very different and not necessarily as good. Each season basically told a complete story though which is nice for a cancelled show

qawsedrf12 t1_j1zaz8g wrote

YES

wife and i really wanted a conclusion, but still worth it

jogoso2014 t1_j1zc1kg wrote

I heard it wasn’t that great so I never bothered watching it.

The books were great and I thought they would make a good set of movies but I think the show deviates from the novels.

Fitzy0728 t1_j1zcmsm wrote

Season 1 was great as a standalone mini series.

Season 2 was straight garbage

Gato1980 t1_j1zdchs wrote

Definitely worth it. Season 1 is stronger, but season 2 is still a really good watch. I enjoyed the show a lot and was bummed it got cancelled. It's one of those network shows that never really found its audience, and I always thought it would have been much more successful on a streaming service.

Louis_Farizee t1_j1zdfic wrote

It was good enough. I would like to know what happens next, but I feel that way after pretty much every book I read and movie or show I watch. Each season has a reasonably satisfactory conclusion that you’re not left with an itch in your brain, at least.

Roook36 t1_j1zeyx5 wrote

I watched S1 and enjoyed it. I felt no reason to watch S2.

I feel like it's one of those shows based off of a book. And rather than let it end how the book ended, they try to turn it into a pilot for more seasons.

I'm not sure how the books go but S1 feels like it wraps up and S2 is a new cast

WarcraftFarscape t1_j1zfbjh wrote

Suffered what a lot of shows suffer from - it seems the writers only had S1 figured out (and it was a good season) but then kind of had to do other seasons on the fly and it drops off a lot

Western_Camp7920 t1_j1zh5cu wrote

First season is one of the best things I've ever seen. Very worth it.

LAtvGUY t1_j1ziq66 wrote

Loved season 1. Couldn't get through the first episode of season 2.

gate_of_steiner85 t1_j1ziuvw wrote

S1 is worth watching. I have no idea why they even bothered with a second season. I would just watch the first season and treat it as a mini-series.

dmtandcrumpets t1_j1zk2wq wrote

yes! its definitely an interesting show. 1st season was really good and 2nd season was alright, certainly good enough.

RPO1728 t1_j1zlybh wrote

Season 1 was good, although fell off a little at the end. Never watched season 2 as season 1 did seem like it was finished. The first couple of episodes in particular were pretty good.

cronedog t1_j1zn8cy wrote

Season 2 isn't worth watching. It was bad. Not DNF or dumpster fire bad just really not worth watching.

aero_programmer t1_j1zppr7 wrote

I liked both seasons. S1 was definitely better but it was a good watch. Watched it again after a few years with my wife and she enjoyed it as well, though she was disappointed there wasn’t a third season.

dantemanjones t1_j1zrw6o wrote

Season 1 yes. Season 2 is totally different than 1. A lot of the characters are different, the tone, the story, etc, all wildly diverge from S1. Season 1 reveals the mysteries that it leads to and the story changes from there. If that change is a big dropoff in excitement for you, then Season 2 is probably not going to be as good. Season 1 had a final cliffhanger scene but otherwise wrapped up well.

I don't remember S2 as well but I think that wrapped up well too. The cancellation isn't a reason to avoid it.

jl_theprofessor t1_j1zschn wrote

First season was honestly awesome. Second season is why the show is cancelled.

darkhorse298 t1_j1ztax1 wrote

This was something I didn't realize until I listened to the books on audible later. Been a bit since I watched the show but I think book 1 takes you up to the reveal at the end of the episode where he finds out where he really is. Makes sense why season 1 was so snappy and season 2 ran out of gas.

GDawnHackSign t1_j1zzc4i wrote

The brothers who do Stranger Things were involved with S1 right?

TrivialBanal t1_j207mme wrote

Don't worry, season 1 answers all your questions.

The problem with season 2 is that it answers questions that you didn't ask, because they're straight tv tropes. You want have any unanswered questions at the end of season 2. They should have stopped at one season.

nofuture09 t1_j20c5tz wrote

great creative mystery show, absolutely worth a watch

Maninhartsford t1_j20vq8k wrote

One thing that really bothered me in the first book, and this is assuming im remembering it correctly, is that he's injured the whole time, doesn't get to sleep, eats a single hamburger...and is just doing action hero shit the whole time. I had trouble suspending my disbelief, a few hours of sleep for him would have really helped the plausibility

LarryPer123 t1_j20waur wrote

The first year I thought was terrific, the second year was OK, but not good

Ryase_Sand t1_j21vyrr wrote

Season 1 was really really good. The tone of season 2 immediately shifted to young adult and I had to stop watching.

taker2523 t1_j21y5us wrote

Just watch season 1. DO NOT watch season 2. The first season was a very fun mystery.

american_dimes t1_j22asa1 wrote

Just watch season one and ignore that there was a season two.

julianwelton t1_j239bas wrote

I'd say it's worth watching simply because it's unique.

KrebStar9300 t1_j23lyoy wrote

It was just supposed to be one season. But the viewership was so high fox tried to make another season. You can just watch season 1