Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

alliecat41893 t1_j22x4ws wrote

The Bear

biotofu t1_j23be4q wrote

I was thinking either the bear or andor and at the end of the day I think the bear did a better job with the direction. I really felt like being in a high octane intense workplace character drama. Everything's just fire

w6750 t1_j25zkp7 wrote

That show is one of the most stressful things I’ve ever watched. Does it get better in that regard?

alliecat41893 t1_j260ylq wrote

It is extremely stressful and claustrophobic. Which, in my opinion,cements the tensions and the claustrophic nature of a small kitchen. The tensions are more intense because of the close-up framing, not many or any wide shots. Each episode gets more stressful until, I feel the stress climax of episode 6 and 7. Episode 6 leads up to the mess that is episode 7 and the later relaxing of some of the stresses in episode 8. The amazing thing is that there were no hand models/actors, meaning each actor was actually chopping the food.

WillOWitt t1_j279j9x wrote

I have mixed feelings about this show. The way it’s filmed and the acting is spectacular but the actual story wasn’t very good and the ending made no sense.