Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Neo2199 t1_j16t0hq wrote

Given that Harrison Ford is in the show, I'm planning on watching it.

Question for those who've already seen '1923', do I need to watch the main series/other spinoff before watching this one?

Most_Victory1661 t1_j1932nt wrote

I’m gonna state an unpopular opinion and tell you to skip 1883 altogether. As for Yellowstone I go fifty fifty on it as a show. When this current season I lost interest. I did like the first episode of 1923 but I got concerns

chadmcChudcock t1_j199etu wrote

1883 is such a very different things for supposedly being spinoff. It tries to be a serious historical drama, but fails due to anachronistic woke elements thrown in. Yellowstone is just a fun popcorn munching cheesy soap opera that doesn't take itself to seriously. (Skip all scenes with Monica)

−1

OathOfFeanor t1_j199hsa wrote

IMO you will want to watch 1883 first. 1923 could be considered Season 2 of 1883.

Yellowstone is barely connected and could totally be skipped if you so choose.

Convergentshave t1_j17eo0k wrote

Nah. In fact it’s probably better if you don’t. I’ve never seen Yellowstone, watched 1883 and I’m halfway through the first episode of 1923 and I’m like… yea.. this is just kind of derivative and it feels like the only reason we’re dealing with the characters that Harrison Ford and Helen Mirriam play is… because they were able to cast Harrison Ford and Helen Mirriam. And that’s not a criticism of them, they do a great job. It’s just.., it’s weird that it’s being hyped as “the next generation of this family” but the focus is put on the literal brother of the last generation. That’s weird to me.

Anyways, thanks for coming to my TED talk. Sorry. Lol.

−3