Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Eklektik t1_j5ubowb wrote

Columbo is my favorite TV detective of all time, and Russian Doll was a standout show of the last few years, so I'm very optimistic for the series.

Only hoping that it doesn't lean as heavy into the broad caricatures that Glass Onion relied on, and gives us more of a wry and clever comedy of errors like early Rian Johnson or the Coen brothers.

iamdew802 t1_j5vdmdg wrote

Loved Russian Doll, been meaning forever to get around to season 2. I never heard anything positive or negative about it and kinda assumed the worst and just kept putting it off😭

mobeyg t1_j5vegep wrote

Just pretend season 2 doesn’t exist. It’s for the best.

sha_man t1_j5wh5s2 wrote

I tried. I really tried to finish it but it was so different (not my cup of tea) from season 1 (which I loved!) that I just gave up after only a few episodes.

agusqu t1_j5yw4d4 wrote

Reddit loves to pretend that if something is not the best thing ever, it's absolute dogshit. There is no in between.

While not as good as the first one, it was still entertaining. I would recommend it if you liked the first season.

Eklektik t1_j5vz2fg wrote

I actually didn't mind season two and thought there was a lot of good hidden in there. It definitely was more loosey-goosey and hand-wavey with the plot and character choices, and not as tightly constructed as the first season. But there was gorgeous scenery, some clever dialog, and some heartfelt moments for key characters.

FireteamAccount t1_j5wu8x9 wrote

I liked season 2 well enough. The plot isn't the greatest, but it's really more about the characters and giving you more depth. I enjoyed it for that.

BrotherChe t1_j5xv5gy wrote

Season 2 is very different to season 1. A lot of coming to grips with your family, the people in your life, than the coming to grips with self of the first season.

I liked it, some people might not. It's not as good as season 1, but the cast did well.

RealJohnGillman t1_j5voo93 wrote

There was a recent interview where Johnson admitted this series (Poker Face) will technically fit into the superhero genre, with regards to the protagonist’s semi-psychic possibly-intuitive ability to tell when anyone is lying.

Jammyhobgoblin t1_j5x6ks4 wrote

My grandmother and I watched Columbo for the first time a couple of months ago, and we were both blown away by how perfect the show is. I’m a huge fan of detective books/shows (I have a Sherlock Holmes-based tattoo) but somehow I missed it.

Edit: fixed autocorrect