Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

bros402 t1_j5vnhai wrote

it sucks that it is on Peacock, but I can just find it in the open seas

−16

aw-un t1_j5vtz5h wrote

Don’t complain if you like it and it gets cancelled then 🤷🏼‍♂️

Kylestache t1_j5x6ug5 wrote

To be fair, distributors have been tracking show popularity on piracy websites for years. HBO saw for years that GoT was the most pirated show ever. If NBCUniversal sees low numbers on Peacock for Poker Face and crazy high piracy numbers for it, they’ll know they have a hit.

bros402 t1_j5vwytp wrote

peacock just isn't worth it as a service, it's $5 for pretty much nothing.

−6

knightlife t1_j5w5lnb wrote

I mean…they have Poker Face…

bros402 t1_j5w66f8 wrote

yeah, but no service is worth subbing to for one show

−3

knightlife t1_j5wemxz wrote

It becomes a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy, though, if you pirate anything you’re interested in. “I can find it on the open seas” —> because “peacock isn’t worth it as a service” —> since they only have one show you’re interested in that might get canceled from low viewership numbers due to the aforementioned piracy.

I agree they’re lacking in comparison to other platforms but $5 is pretty cheap when you consider you can literally subscribe, binge the show you wanna watch (plus others), and cancel before the month is up. For that matter it’s even cheaper than buying a season of a show on physical media like a DVD or digital download like iTunes.

bros402 t1_j5wnkon wrote

tbh if it were on literally any other service I would sub to it, because at least apple has some worthwhile stuff

knightlife t1_j5wtyxo wrote

It sounds like you enjoy the idea of the show but not the platform? Maybe thinking of it more as you’re subscribing to access the content you like—rather than the streamer you don’t—could help.