Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Culli789 t1_ja4xp1d wrote

As a parent of 3 close in age. This is pretty funny.

You were visiting and helping out. I can't see this getting blown out of proportion.

Next I went over there I'd bring an extra shirt of my own. Something like a cheap white T and write my name on it with a sharpie.

ulfr OP t1_ja4y49w wrote

Hope so! I just know tempers grow in proportion to the sleep dep, figured it was better to get while the getting was good, you know?

Definitely going to monologue a lot more if it's just me and the kids though.

Culli789 t1_ja4ynlr wrote

Definitely better to just end an awkward situation and converse about it once they've talked.

AcrobaticSource3 t1_ja5saux wrote

> TIFU by keeping my mouth shut

No, that was a good move. She was so sleep deprived that if you opened your mouth, she might try to breastfeed you also

Stats_n_PoliSci t1_ja5urd2 wrote

That's a story about an amazing friend. In 5 years you'll laugh about it. Until then, ignore it and go back over when invited... maybe put a little more distance between yourself and the wife until it's clear both she & husband are comfortable again. You sound like a godsend of a friend.

OffusMax t1_ja68055 wrote

I’m the father of 2 who are now in their 20s.

Take my word for it. When you’re feeding a newborn, there’s always some chance you’ll be wearing the kid’s meal. At least until their stomach is big enough for them to sleep the night.

I wouldn’t be too harsh on your friend. It’s easy to forget to warn friends about your kid’s projectile vomiting when you’re sleep deprived.

ulfr OP t1_ja68t9b wrote

Oh no, he laughed his ass off. He knew EXACTLY what he was doing. That's also his sense of humor. I'm not all THAT mad about it

collegekid1991 t1_ja6chb0 wrote

Not where I assumed it was going. I was expecting someone to put the vomit shirt on. Lol

aftenbladet t1_ja70mj4 wrote

You did great. Nobody thinks of sexual attraction and jealousy at that point in their life. Its all about surviving another day.

Your friend should not let you be alone with the kids, also not get puke on you btw.

ulfr OP t1_ja7c766 wrote

I mean to be fair I was fine with the screaming. Well, I wasn't fine but it wasn't at crisis level yet. Could've easily waited till he was done in the shower.

I agree with the puke thing, and there will be revenge

deeare73 t1_ja4ydjx wrote

Pumps are high heels, no? Why was she wearing these?

−19

leggomyprego75 t1_ja70g6f wrote

Breast pumps are pumps that suck breast milk out for storage and later feeding in a bottle.

ulfr OP t1_ja7cfn3 wrote

The fact that they look like something out of blade runner and make an unsettling gurgling noise is neither here nor there!