Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

HeywoodPeace t1_j8mgv2d wrote

I just ignored covid. I don't get sick ever (had a cold in 2008, another in 2016), and I knew it would blow over eventually. I don't get vaccinated because I believe it will throw off the balance of my perfect immune system and I'll not only get sick from the vaccine (a little) but I will start catching colds and other things I haven't had in decades. I'm not a dick and I'm not selfish. I'm not trying to intentionally harm anyone else by being a carrier, I just put my own health above others'. It's an individual needs situation, and I do not need help in fighting off infection

−13

Jotakave t1_j8mk8d5 wrote

Your perfect immune system, right. Maybe you’re young now and don’t get sick much. Maybe you never leave your house and that’s why you’ve had two colds in 5 years. You’re being a dick if you’re walking around being a carrier and other people have weak immune systems. My coworker has an immune system disease and she hasn’t done anything social in 3 years because the vaccine doesn’t work as well in a damaged system. So GLAD that you’re ok. For other people they don’t have the luxury to ignore COVID. As a personal note, I’m healthy too and get a cold here and there because I work with little kids. I’d get my flu shot sporadically before. Some years I did. Some years I didn’t. Before COVID I caught a massive bout of flu that left me in bed sweating, with a fever and a splitting headache for 5 days. My immediate family had their flu shots and didn’t get sick in the least. I learned from that lesson. I’d rather have a mild reaction and feel a bit off for a day or two after a shot than to have to endure that again.

chickinflickin t1_j8mmc89 wrote

But, but, gene therapy, govt coercement, chips in jabs.. guess who is the first one to run to the doctors with a mild flu or headache, with their otherwise 'perfect' immune system.

They did their research none the less!

MakingShitAwkward t1_j8mlh9b wrote

If everyone acted in their own self interest then we wouldn't now be somewhat back to normality.

NattySocks t1_j8tutvk wrote

Why wouldn't we be? If the vaccines prevent death in the elderly, without vaccines the curve still would have followed the same curve but with a lot more elderly deaths and a few less young deaths. We'd be about where we are now with or without them.

btw I enjoy downvotes from reddit proper because I've seen what this festering shitpile will upvote