Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Rainbow62993 t1_je9c3ph wrote

Perhaps so, and good to know. However OP had no reason to list a diagnosis in this story, especially when added in randomly during a laughing fit and discussion of getting a refund. Too many people are making self diagnosis these days and it's beyond annoying for those who actually have to deal with it.

−4

KittikatB t1_je9esmt wrote

As someone diagnosed with OCD, I'm all too familiar with the self-diagnosis annoyance. But we don't know if OP self-diagnosed - just that they decided to add that unnecessary tidbit to their story. You came in hard on them without having all the facts and I just wanted to clarify that not everywhere has shifted the terminology.

Rainbow62993 t1_je9f6q0 wrote

I literally acknowledged that some parts of the world still may use that terminology - though when I did research for Germany specifically, they didn't even start acknowledging ADHD as a diagnosis until 2018 and I couldn't even find anything about ADD no matter how I worded my search. If someone can find a source for me, I'd appreciate it.

I came in hard because it was unrelated and the only time I see people using random diagnosis in their stories is when they don't even suffer from it.

−1

KittikatB t1_je9fvch wrote

Why were you looking for Germany if OP lives in Belgium?

Rainbow62993 t1_je9g00q wrote

Sorry, I confused another commenters post for being OP.

Edit: Apparently Belgium uses the same rules as I described above. ADD = ADHD. If OP was truly diagnosed, they'd have known that.

nocompetition00 OP t1_je9htf3 wrote

You're weird asl for trying to prove im not diagnosed, i just told you I am.

KittikatB t1_je9itne wrote

All good, I was just confused as to why Germany suddenly entered the conversation lol.

Rainbow62993 t1_je9izio wrote

Few comments back someone mentioned Germany and for some reason it's what my brain decided to run with 🤣