Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Lined_the_Street t1_isf45fw wrote

Good_nuff t1_isf57xh wrote

If OP is old enough to go on vacation with his gf, he’s old enough to use google. No excuses.

TuliBean t1_isf66uu wrote

And not be a baby about the part of the body he cares so much about, never-ending girl. Didn't fu he was being himself and called out for it. He could tell her this is what I envisioned and it freaked me out, but you have to say that and not pretend it was "for her to sort it out." Life is gross and it's a big turn off when someone can't step out of their comfort zone for you, just to be with you at a special time in a special place.

KautiousNupe55 t1_isgktyp wrote

There's nothing childish, misogynistic or even anything remotely problematic about a guy not wanting to shower OR have sex with his girlfriend while she's on her period. He's allowed to have his own preferences that are not determined or REGULATED or SHAMED by his girlfriend, people on Reddit or mainstream society as a whole.

Him not knowing that the shower would most likely NOT look like a scene out of horror movie is indeed a bit childish and misinformed, lol. But lots of guys don't know this stuff unless they hear it from a woman or learn it first hand through experience as this kinda stuff is NOT covered in sex ed class and might not come up in daily conversations.

He didn't handle this situation in the best way but neither did his girlfriend. He didn't use any tact or situational awareness to communicate his thoughts and she immediately defaulted to a state of insecurity and gaslighting to get her point across.

I personally love and respect women, enjoy having sex and a physical relationship with them and I am empathetic to some of inconveniences of being a woman and I know that a period is a biological process that's essential to our ability to create life. But that still doesn't negate the fact that I'm also extremely turned off by the sight of a bloody vagina. And I'm smart enough to know that period blood is blood mixed with microscopic pieces of flesh (uteral lining...etc) and I just choose to avoid it if I can and I've been blessed to deal with women who understand this and don't judge me because of it.

Nuance is clearly a lost art with folks these days and the self righteousness and entitlement of folks who rush to judge others is an intellectual haphazard at best and flat out toxic is in lots of cases these days. Smh...

rubiscoisrad t1_isg7obe wrote

I'm a lady with periods, and my husband has a lot of gastric issues. (Basicly, he farts. A LOT.)

We're weird people in our own weird world. I tolerate the flatulence, he grits his teeth and bears it when I empty my cup in the shower.

150steps t1_ish8pf5 wrote

Dunno why ppl are acting like there would be no blood. Mustn't have heavy ones. He didn't know she used a tampon in the shower.

Miser-Mike OP t1_ishkq2b wrote

It’s been interesting seeing people cast aspersions.

People with heavy flows exist. With this key bit of context (which isn’t really anyone else’s business) standing in bloody water is all of a sudden very possible.

I didn’t know the tampon was used in the shower, no, but why are folks acting like it couldn’t leak out? At risk of being ‘wrong and strong’ I’ll stand by what I said originally - I’m sure I’ll still be educated by all of the biologists.

150steps t1_ishteo5 wrote

Vaginas don't need washing out, just the surrounds, so yeah, totally ok to use a tampon. And for the record I don't blame you. I guess the fuck up was communication or lack thereof, if anything.

FuckingRancid t1_it6c6ma wrote

So people pointed out that you're wrong about some aspects of periods, and your response is "I'll stand by what i said"...

BlackCherryMagic001 t1_it7zd60 wrote

Do you have any experience with heavy flows..? I change my pads every hour some days and I never ended up standing in red water. A ten minute shower uses up 75+ litres of water. She's only going to produce a couple of drops of blood during that time, no matter how heavy her flow is. Look at the size of a menstrual cup - even for women with heavy flows, that usually lasts hours and it's still far smaller than the water a shower will take.

If your girlfriend is actually bleeding so much the water is constantly red, that sounds more like a huge wound in her vagina/uterus that's bleeding out. Like if she's bleeding that much she's probably dead at this point. Rest in peace?

HugoToledo_USA t1_isf6h4d wrote

No, my money is private school, specifically religious or homeschooling, which are often the same thing.

Public schools in the US have fewer hangups… unless they have a bunch of religious zealots interfering, which is an increasingly troubling matter in many locales.

−1