Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Michutterbug t1_ish9drq wrote

News flash: women produce vaginal discharge every day, so I guess if you’ve ever swam with a woman, you’ve swam in diluted discharge. And as long as you are wearing a tampon, it’s perfectly sanitary go swimming while on your period. I mean as sanitary as anything else in a public pool.

KautiousNupe55 t1_isi8c25 wrote

Are you the kind of parent who would be OK with your children pissing or deficating in a public pool full of other people because there's enough water in the pool to dilute everything so it's not easily noticable? Does your "Dilution Discharge Theory' make this OK?

Michutterbug t1_isjb8wn wrote

I don’t have a “dilution discharge theory.” I’m just saying when you go swimming you are already swimming in a tiny bit of others people’s funk. If you wear a tampon it keeps the blood in. If you are leaking through or around your tampon don’t go swimming in a pool!

Michutterbug t1_isjq73t wrote

Also, related, if you don’t already know this, swim diapers are just diapers that are not absorbent, so they hold in poop, but pee goes right through them. So while I would never allow my potty trained child to pee in a pool, babies do it all the time. I also watched a science show one time about how the “chlorine smell” of pools is not just from chlorine, but from the chemical reaction of chlorine with urine. Pretty gross to think about, but I’m not a germaphobe, so I don’t generally have a problem with public pools, but I know plenty of people who do. But, then again I’m more of a take a dip without getting my face or hair wet kind of swimmer when it comes to pools.

FuckThisHobby t1_ism9k04 wrote

Wait, are we all pretending we as fully grown adults don't pee in pools?

BlackCherryMagic001 t1_it7znma wrote

Are you saying that women shouldn't be allowed in pools whatsoever? What even is your argument?

KautiousNupe55 t1_isi8y7p wrote

If I was a Cosmetic Chemist who worked in a lab formulating cosmetic products, and I accidentally bled into a large vat of a cosmetic product OR I sneezed and a large glob of mucus fell in OR if I misplaced my hairnet and large clumps of hair fell in...would you be OK with still bringing this batch of products to market? Blood, Mucous and Hair discharging, shedding or vacating the body are all NATURAL and the chemist should NOT be shamed for being HUMAN, does your 'Diluted Discharge Theory'' still apply?

−1

Com_BEPFA t1_isj8kwm wrote

Okay, so the difference is, and hear me out about that one, that you're meant to swim in a pool. No matter what, you swim in it and some minuscule amount of bodily fluids ends up in it. It's expected and it's what chlorine is there for.

Now, and this will shock you, you're NOT meant to rub yourself in cosmetic product you're producing. I know, it's shocking.

Am I advocating for everyone to use the public pool at any time? Hell no, if you are sick, stay the fuck out. If you have diarrhea, stay the fuck out. If you use tampons (or a cup or pads) and don't stain your underwear on your period, go ahead. If you do leak, please be considerate and avoid the pool on those couple days.

CowBoyDanIndie t1_issxeru wrote

A lot of people out there don't seem to realize you sweat and shed dead skin when you are swimming. Showering before obviously reduces the amount of dirt you add to the pool, but its still there. Urine and sweat are very similar.

KautiousNupe55 t1_isi7ztf wrote

If I was a chef who cut my finger while preparing a large pot of gumbo or soup and a few drops of blood dropped into the pot - Is it ok to still serve this food to my customers?? It's totally natural to bleed when people cut themselves, so does your 'dilution discharge theory' still apply?

−2

BlackCherryMagic001 t1_it7wsqo wrote

Do you get on your knees and lick up water from the floor of the shower? If you don't, your analogy is really dumb.