Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

quadriplegicswimteam t1_itqz3nb wrote

I’m sorry I couldn’t get through all the tennis lore

Jimippa t1_itr0xuy wrote

Worst TIFU I've ever tried to read. I have technical manuals that kept my attention longer.

Next time wear a glove...

baeohwolf t1_itr3qf6 wrote

bixby must hate you

ghostredditorstempac OP t1_itrl3vy wrote

I have a slight accent, and Bixby wrote down some weird sh*t, but it was really easy to have it write down long pieces of text, which is why this post is so unusually long

TuliBean t1_itr1m21 wrote

Dude, next time get a needle, clean it with alcohol and just drain it slowly. Busting them open is worse and I couldn't even get to attempt 3 because i saw Gorilla Glue.. no way is that better for you than a small hole & aspirating it like a cyst.

Leighgion t1_ittvz8u wrote

I think the real FU is not reassessing the relative importance of tennis practice in your life.

ghostredditorstempac OP t1_itw0pq5 wrote

Hehe, I can see where you're coming from. At this point, tennis is probably one of the greatest things that's keeping me alive (not suicidal). I'll even go as far as to say that it saved my life

Leighgion t1_itw7gc8 wrote

I assumed it had special importance. Look at it this way though: by not easing off, you’ve seriously compromised your ability to play until that hand heals up.

ghostredditorstempac OP t1_itytm67 wrote

Bingo! That's exactly what I was thinking. Although I can't play Tennis right now, it doesn't stop me from doing Injury Prevention Exercises, which is really important and a commonly overlooked factor of being a tennis player

Ktulu789 t1_itr2uyc wrote

Man, five screens for a blister?? WTF?

Just pin a little hole in it to remove liquid and apply a band aid. In a couple hours it will stick with the skin. Add some gel if you want but it's easy as pie. A blister the size of a coin, half of it? Was it that hard? You overcomplicated it. Why couldn't you get help if you needed two hands? You didn't amputate your hand! What's so bad about it? Get a friend if you don't want to call your mom.

harleyspoison267 t1_itr0hca wrote

Yeah... Next time if your dominant hand is injured and you live with another person, suck it up and let them dress your wounds so you don't make a huge mess/do it wrong. My fiance is a bartender and gets a lot of angry cuts from using his hands and citrus juice, so some weekends i have to sit there and bandage his fingers (big, tough, ex army dude), but it's just easier to make sure they actually heal. Also, mom's did all that stuff when you were 2 and screaming so theyve got it down now that you're older, it's really NBD lol.

hcgcole t1_itr1hew wrote

Kid named finger burn

Majestic-Scale-1868 t1_ity01hn wrote

Lol nice lengthy narrative on how NOT to apply simple first aid.

RANDOM_DOKKAN t1_iu03rhb wrote

this was super underwhelming for an XL flair

AutoModerator t1_iueun4t wrote

Your submission has been automatically removed because your post is too short. Per Rule 1-B, all posts are subject to a length requirement of 750 characters of meaningful content. You are welcome to resubmit your post once it meets the minimum length.

Do not contact us to reapprove your post. You will need to resubmit it as a completely new post.

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.