Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Disastrous_Potato605 t1_iy0zd3k wrote

Hitting your partner is always wrong 💁‍♀️

YrPrblmsArntMyPrblms t1_iy10q1o wrote

I agree, but point me to where they were partners in the first place

Disastrous_Potato605 t1_iy123gk wrote

It was her bf when this occurred, is her ex because of it?

YrPrblmsArntMyPrblms t1_iy13vk3 wrote

A bf is not a partner, not yet. Plus she did not play the team game. She's young, she'll learn how to, someday. Or not, either way....

"I missed the part where that's my problem." ~Bully Maguire

−11

Disastrous_Potato605 t1_iy144d8 wrote

Partner is a generic term for gf/bf/significant other. You’re mistaking it for a spouse. And u don’t need to be married to not suffer abuse. Nobody should be hitting their relationship partner, let alone anyone else. Abuse is always wrong.

YrPrblmsArntMyPrblms t1_iy2r8sw wrote

>You’re mistaking it for a spouse.

Probably, yeah.

>And u don’t need to be married to not suffer abuse.

That was not my point. It is self evident that hitting is not okay. Yet I see it being trumpeted as if everyone is 5.

My point is, no matter how wrong something is, under certain circumstances people will do things that are wrong. There's no denying that. But I guess you already know that.

Either most people or a boisterous minority are not fully aware of what potential for evil lies within them, which under certain circumstances would materialize. Unless you've properly integrated the inner shadow, then it's safe to consider yourself a loaded weapon. If you don't integrate that side of yourself, then you will (if aren't already) absolutely (during your lifetime) harm someone (either physically or mentally).

Crimes against humanity were committed by people, guess what you, I and the other 8 billion are.

−1

Disastrous_Potato605 t1_iy34cjr wrote

It’s just sounds like you’re trying to explain away or make excuses for the behavior. The behavior is always wrong and a lack of self control doesn’t make u Batman, it makes u a bad person.

YrPrblmsArntMyPrblms t1_iy48s7k wrote

I'm explaining why things happen.

Being violent means you're a bad person, but not being capable of violence (being a rabbit, which can not do anything, but get eaten) does not mean you're a good person by default.

Being a good person - which many consider themselves to be - is hard. To be a good person you have to be a monster, but then not act monstrously.

Disastrous_Potato605 t1_iy4bkq5 wrote

You’re clearly not illiterate and yet here you are trying to justify hitting your partner because of inner darkness or capability for violence. Abuse is always wrong and it doesn’t matter why u do it. It only matters why to you because you did it because you’re inherently selfish to be putting ur partner thru that mental and physical pain and damage. End of story.

YrPrblmsArntMyPrblms t1_iy5g09d wrote

>It only matters why to you because you did it because you’re inherently selfish to be putting ur partner thru that mental and physical pain and damage. End of story.

What?

covale t1_iy18etd wrote

So you think it's ok to abuse people in general and you're only against it if it's a spouse?

Wow... that's a special brand of shittyness.

YrPrblmsArntMyPrblms t1_iy2tf95 wrote

Wrong conclusion. We've come from hitting someone to abuse, not the same. Abuse is hitting someone repeatedly, over a longer time span, hitting someone once isin't necessarily abuse. You don't need to tell me that it is wrong, I'm not 5. Consider the person you're talking to is resonable if you want to be treated as someone resonable yourself.

−1