Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

distant-starlight t1_j6j3xqd wrote

>For some reason I decided to use my uncle’s helmet from the germans in ww2

Was that reason your undying love and empathy for the original wearer?

>another group of students decided to dress up as jews. At first we tought that it was funny so we played along and took a few silly photo’s.

So you went low and found a way to make it worse along with your bizarrely tasteless classmates?

Honestly all of this sounds planned, deliberate, and very non-accidental, and the only reason you're online trying to fish for support is that someone likely pointed out that laughing at human atrocity and making fun of genocide and war crimes are not good looks.

>a lot of people thought that we had planned this and now, am I and the students who dressed up as jews seen as racists by the rest of the school. What should I do to restore my reputation?

You did plan this and lying after the fact can't change your wilful decision to mock a horrific historical event and showcase your racism and pro-racist stances. You proudly wore the outfit. You smiled and posed for pictures. Zero of this happened by accident.

I hope no one forgets how you allied yourself with the scum of history.

Akairichii t1_j6jmvx4 wrote

Absolutely or it's all a fabrication.

mrseddievedder t1_j6jurky wrote

A group of kids decided to dress up as Jews? This is ridiculous.

sterboog t1_j6k2gps wrote

As somebody who knows a collector of WW2 paraphernalia, a German WW2 helmet with its original markings is not cheap. A full authentic uniform would be VERY expensive (especially stuff that fits... most surviving examples were surplus and usually very small - hence it was never issued out and that's why it survives).

Any self respecting collector would never let somebody ride a bike wearing an authentic uniform - the possibility of the grease on the chain hitting the leg of the uniform being an instant deal breaker for me, and I would assume most other people. Its just too ridiculous of an idea that you would lend out that sort of kit for somebody to WEAR all day at school.

That said, I did wear an authentic WWI US Navy uniform for Halloween once when I was a kid, but the difference there is that US Navy stuff is always undervalued and I was still small enough to fit in the undersized surplus stuff. Pants/pullover/hat all in cost like $70.