Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Devittraisedto2 t1_j5swuh2 wrote

Tbh I think any material that's safe for food and can handle heat can be used to make ironed toast

Granted, ideally you'd want to use a toaster, but in the event where a toaster and pan is not readily available to you(e.g. in a hotel) and you're really craving some grilled cheese, then yeah a brown paper bag or aluminium foil will grant you the delectable toasty gooey cheese sandwich we all crave for.

AMDKilla t1_j5tmc0l wrote

I work in a hotel, I'll be asking you to leave if I find you using a clothes iron inappropriately. Fire is the number one risk in a hotel

PandaNoTrash t1_j5ulzhb wrote

I have stayed in many hotels and never have I seen a warning to not make grilled cheese sandwiches with the included iron and ironing board.

AMDKilla t1_j5uvc3a wrote

You also dont see warning labels in your car not to run the engine in an enclosed space due to exhaust fumes, or a label on your toaster warnign you not to take a bath with it. Most hotels aren't explicit in every detail of what is against their fire prevention rules unless asked as otherwise there would be signs on everything, that would still be ignored (people wondering why their croissant caught fire when they ignore the signs to not put them in the toaster). Most hotels do not allow guests to use candles or incense in the rooms, and all of them that have electric heaters all ban putting clothes on them due to the fire risk.

PandaNoTrash t1_j5veph2 wrote

I was just having a bit of fun with the warning label meme. I promise not to accidently burn down any hotels!