Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

tacknosaddle t1_iu2z1pj wrote

Some people make everyone remove their shoes to enter the house. Instead you could have an array of tap shoes to fit all household members and guests by the door to solve that problem.

InannasPocket t1_iu33nt8 wrote

Oooh, replace all our inside shoes/slippers with something just noisy enough they can't sneak up on me, but ideally not so noisy that it makes me want to tear my hair out when my husband is pacing around.

patchgrabber t1_iu5403d wrote

> inside shoes/slippers

This is a very American thing. Why would you need shoes inside the house? It's the best place to not wear shoes. Do your feet all stink horribly bad or something?

Roonil_-_Wazlib t1_iu54wvr wrote

I have a lot of hardwood floors and they get cold (even more so during the winter). So I wear house slippers when at home. But I don’t wear them in my bedroom which is carpeted

patchgrabber t1_iu56foq wrote

That sounds normal. I just don't understand the idea of regular shoes only for inside the house. Let your dogs breathe man!

Roonil_-_Wazlib t1_iu57pk7 wrote

Full on shoes to wear inside would definitely be excessive. Almost as bad as wearing your outside shoes around the house 😱

Danno210 t1_iu5kuis wrote

Dogs [and other pets] is why I take off my outdoor shoes and put on house shoes when I get home. The pets track in enough dirt each day that wearing just socks or going barefoot isn’t as fun as it would otherwise be. But I’d rather have my pets than sparkling clean floors - spotlessly clean floors are a material thing that don’t hold a candle to the companionship and friendship of pets. Plus wearing comfy house shoes makes standing at the sink or stove for a while much more enjoyable too.

InannasPocket t1_iu57m8u wrote

In my house, we normally don't wear shoes/slippers inside, but IF we do they're not the same ones for outdoor wear. At my kid's preschool they had to have "inside shoes" (I think so they has less worries about the kids getting their feet injured while also not having mud tracked through the classroom). We'll sometimes wear slippers for the warmth, but generally it's bare feet inside.

Zauqui t1_iu5a4h0 wrote

I usually go shoeless inside my home but i was on a friends house when i was a kid and i got splinters twice from walking of her house's floors! So yeah. I get why shoewear is a thing.

Also because feet can have fungy and that is not fun at all.

Kippilus t1_iu5f6v8 wrote

"safety first, then team work. Always wear shoes in the house."

plasticenewitch t1_iu5fkns wrote

Old feet need support, even in the house. Indoor sneakers are a thing-

Josquius t1_iu65o3q wrote

Surely more pertinent is that some absolute monsters don't take off their shoes indoors? :p

tacknosaddle t1_iu6m9pr wrote

But my floors are dirty from people tracking dirt in, why would I want to walk around the house without them on?