Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Swarzsinne t1_iy3ybhq wrote

Since being vegan is more of a political thing than anything else, it seems counterproductive to support a product that probably boosts milk sales more than almost anything else.

Edit: I’m not vegan. The comment seems to imply I am, so I’m just clarifying.

−9

giantdub49 t1_iy3zy80 wrote

I'm vegan and it's not because of politics 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

comradequiche t1_iy4soe1 wrote

Man, ive heard a lot of misconceptions about Veganism but never that it was “more of a political thing than anything else” haha

Swarzsinne t1_iy408ao wrote

So you still buy products from companies that aren’t vegan friendly?

−3

KungFuGarbage t1_iy40rr5 wrote

Bro do you even know what political means? Or are you just a u.s conservative that uses it as a buzzword?

Swarzsinne t1_iy41uzr wrote

Read my other response to you. And I’m not sure what the point of the second half of your comment is other than to demonstrate you think there are actually good politicians.

KungFuGarbage t1_iy3zlpd wrote

Political isn’t the right word, Veganism is based around morality.

I’m also not a vegan

Swarzsinne t1_iy3zox1 wrote

Seems like a semantic point to me.

−4

KungFuGarbage t1_iy3zzg3 wrote

I’m just clarifying your poor word choice. Your point about Oreos marketing itself along with milk is still valid.

Swarzsinne t1_iy404su wrote

Poor word choice to you.

−7

KungFuGarbage t1_iy40b45 wrote

Lol okay buddy

Swarzsinne t1_iy414tw wrote

Just for the sake of actually clarifying, I say political because it influences which companies you’ll support and how you want legal policies to be developed. You can simply be vegetarian for moral reasons but if you’re going to promote it up to civic action that’s where veganism comes in.

I also say it’s semantics because which political issues are not also moral issues?

Edit: To the person that responded then blocked, stop being a coward. What’s the point of responding then blocking unless you think you don’t actually have a point?

ELDE8 t1_iy421cz wrote

Still doesn't mean political buddy, read a book

bingobangomonk t1_iy5599v wrote

Veganism doesn't require civic action, just not eating animal products. It's literally the same as vegetarianism on a political scale?

Swarzsinne t1_iy40dq2 wrote

I’m not your buddy, pal.

−1

WerlinBall t1_iy40xel wrote

Kindly stop talking

Swarzsinne t1_iy41jyn wrote

Not the right response. And you can block me if you don’t want to see what I’m saying.

comradequiche t1_iy4shml wrote

“the practice of eating only food not derived from animals and typically of avoiding the use of other animal products.”

How is this political in any way lol