Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Capt_Billy t1_iwurfeu wrote

He definitely killed the Indigenous, but why are they saying that bushrangers = Indigenous? Bushrangers were highwaymen by another name

wonko_abnormal t1_iwuzc9l wrote

probably because back in those days (although not completely different today) you could get a rewards for stopping a bushranger which meant killing them and if ALL of the bushrangers you ended up stopping in cold blood happened to be indigenous well then who is really going to argue or ask for proof ? ....just to add to the horror of our own nation , we ended up completely wiping out indigenous people from tasmania ALL OF THEM , fuck racism , fuck people

DarthDannyBoy t1_iwv4igd wrote

No they all were not wiped out. Seriously it's in the first paragraph of the Wikipedia page on them how people erroneously believe that. The Australian government recognize they still exist. They still exist their numbers are very very low. That doesn't take away from the atrocities committed against them. In fact it in a way makes it worse because there are still people living today feeling the repercussions of those actions and to make it worse people don't even think they exist anymore. Imagine being a part of an abused and marginalized group and then being told you don't exist anymore.

wonko_abnormal t1_iwv69kh wrote

i dont base my facts on wikipedia ...so okay my apologies although its semantics ...i should have said mainland tasmania , wasnt trying to sensationalise and i know there are still aboriginals in tasmania but they were all from smaller islands , they were effectively wiped out on the mainland and the remaining survivors were forcibly moved to flinders island , where they all died ...so all the mainland indigenous were slaughtered or moved ...genocide is still genocide

−1

DarthDannyBoy t1_iwzohxy wrote

Yeah use Wikipedia as a secondary source that's it's whole purpose that's the purpose of an encyclopedia to begin with? Your own fucking government acknowledges they still exist and were not eradicated. Or do you think they are just making shit up. Universities acknowledge them still existing and try to help preserve their culture. Guess that's a made up. Let's just ignore the communities and councils made up off surviving people. Guess they are full of shit too.

I guess it's all just some big old conspiracy isn't it?

Also they are from mainland Tasmania. people from the mainland survived by fleeing and hiding. The aren't people just from the smaller outlying islands they are the aboriginal people from mainland Tasmania. They still exists.

Also I never said it wasn't a genocide. In fact I said it was genocide so I don't get why you felt the need to say that. I said how claiming they are are dead makes it far worse be you are just pretending the victims don't exist anymore. The people still suffering the repercussions of those actions are being ignored and told they aren't real because people like you said they are extinct. So not just ignoring the plight of these people but you are also claiming they are liars because how could both statements be true? That they were all wiped out but here some still stand.

Willfully ignorant people like you are a Cancer to society.

[deleted] t1_iwzutso wrote

so im a "pussy" for thinking having to interact with you is painful (which it is just so we are clear ...this is all over NOTHING apart from you wanting to be RIGHT) and i say it because its how i feel and accurate ....feel free to keep coming with with however many other accounts you have i can block all day and hopefully this will allow you to get some anger out on me and be less of a problem for those who have to deal with you in real life ....how old are you ? or how thin is your skin ? because in all seriousness who goes around calling someone a pussy just because i dont want to deal with your negative pointless ramblings ? now fuck off , please

wonko_abnormal t1_iwzp06l wrote

find another fight , this is one you created over nothing ...take care of your mental health but leave mine alone and this is now a painful human interaction so please go away

−1

[deleted] t1_iwzs7un wrote

no its not over nothing you are claiming a people don't exist. Also I see you blocked me so I couldn't reply because you can't support you bullshit racist claims. also this is a "painful human interaction" seriously how much of a pussy are you that being called out on your ignorant racist shit is a "painful human interaction" seriously who the fuck says that kind of stupid shit.

Bobyyyyyyyghyh t1_ix0u5cj wrote

"I don't base my facts on Wikipedia because I'd rather make them up"