Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

twobit78 t1_j2cnbdm wrote

Actually this sort of happened with me doing enviromental managment. Establishment kept telling us they had employers bashing down the doors trying to get them to fast track us because they needed to fill jobs.

The first batch finished and found out there were no jobs and it was just to get us to open our wallets more.

DYTTIGAF t1_j2cobni wrote

I spent $50,000 setting up a solar company back in 2017.

Do you know how many cities across the country have voted not to allow solar on residential rooftops..for variety of reason? Thousands.

You have truckloads of zoning restrictions prohibiting solar installations. Green energy can be added to the list of taxpayer supported frauds.

If I told you what actually goes on in the industry... you would not believe it. Anytime some bureaucracy is pitching any construct of wholesale advancement on any social, or political construct it's most likely... fraudulent.

twobit78 t1_j2cp2j1 wrote

Don't think they made any zoning laws around here, some houses can't get them because of historical signifigance etc.

Around here its the power companies that fucked the solar industry. Feed in is between 6-10c per KWH, familys was locked in under a contract at about 35c. The inverter packed it in under warranty so it got replaced but the contract was linked to the inverter and couldn't be transfered over.

If we get on grid batteries we need to sign a waiver that let's the power companies suck the power out when they need it so there's no real gain.