Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

arlondiluthel t1_j6nnvki wrote

Today's fun fact is technically correct!

However, the Buccaneers don't currently intend to re-sign him, thus making him a free agent when the league year turns over, and who knows if anyone will pick him up. I don't believe that he'll be without a team next season, even if it's a one-year deal to give a team's future franchise quarterback time to mature and learn from one of the best to ever play the game.

EddieRando21 t1_j6nt986 wrote

I'm desperately hoping the Niners pick him up to train Purdy

RetroMetroShow t1_j6nu8or wrote

His reads, decision making and execution have been really good - what areas does he need help with

EddieRando21 t1_j6oa6kh wrote

There's always room for improvement. If he can train with the GOAT why not take the opportunity?

RetroMetroShow t1_j6ocx01 wrote

Sometime the best aren’t always good teachers - just because they can get it done doesn’t mean others can learn the intangibles. Didn’t seem to help Garrapolo, Brisset, Cassel or any of the many others

skoolofphish t1_j6of39m wrote

Yeah Brady hasnt always won games with teachable abilities. He just has an undying determination sometimes and you can't really teach that

ChamBruh t1_j6par83 wrote

He plays in the most qb friendly offense in the league. Everything is set up for Purdy to succeed there. He was bad against the eagles before he got hurt

OneBlueHopeUTFT t1_j6pbtvg wrote

He played like less than 10 snaps really hard to say he was bad.

OneBlueHopeUTFT t1_j6pbpek wrote

He’s a rookie lol, if you don’t think there’s room to improve while learning under the greatest player of all time you’re pretty dumb ngl.

verrius t1_j6oe95h wrote

He trained Garoppalo, who's already been tossed by the wayside by the same team, so I don't know how much value his "training" actually has.

UpsetHyena964 t1_j6pfaps wrote

Jimmy G was made of glass. Difference between Tom and all of these mobile quarter backs is that Tom stayed in the pocket and knew when to get rid of the ball to avoid a sack. Patrick, Josh, Lamar, yeah they are good now. But all with those hits they are taking they won't have the same longevity as Tom Brady. Not saying Josh and Patrick can't make plays from the pocket because they do. However, the point remains that thier mobility to extend to the plays right now cost them some devastating hits. First thing to go for a professional is their legs.

arlondiluthel t1_j6nw89k wrote

I honestly don't know, they may have soured on the idea of a QB that learned from Brady after Jimmy G (who they did nothing but kneecap the entire time he was with that org).

EddieRando21 t1_j6oalc7 wrote

That may be more due to Jimmy Gs abilities as a QB than what he actually was able to absorb from Brady.

doctor-rumack t1_j6p6wff wrote

Brady didn't really go out of his way to help Jimmy G in NE. Brady was blindsided by the Pats drafting Garoppolo, and (somewhat rightfully) assumed that he was being asked to groom his own replacement. It was one of the many issues Brady had with BB. Eventually Belichick traded Garoppolo and got almost nothing in return for him. Lots of NE media speculated that Bill let him go for nothing as a big fuck you to Bob Kraft for meddling in football affairs.

If SF picks up Brady in hopes he'll take Purdy under his wing, I think they're going to be disappointed.

ChamBruh t1_j6pazgm wrote

Belichick got a second rounder for garoppolo, so he extracted the same value for the player that he used by initially drafting him. Could he have gotten more? Maybe, but it’s not like they got nothing. Also the narrative with Brady and jimmy g is completely overblown. All 3 of Brady, jimmy g and brissett still talk from time to time. Brady doesn’t hate jimmy g and never did

ChamBruh t1_j6pani6 wrote

The buccaneers have not said they don’t intend to re-sign him. There have been reports either way about Brady leaving or staying but nothing definitive

arlondiluthel t1_j6pgdls wrote

Right... But there is one answer: "we intend to re-sign", and anything otherwise would be not currently intending. Wanting, hoping, thinking of all fall into "not currently intending". It's like travel speed: there's stopped (0 MPH), and all other speeds.

ChamBruh t1_j6pgruj wrote

This is untrue though. Just because Brady is set to be a free agent because his contract expired doesn’t mean they don’t currently intend to re-sign him. per Ian Rapoport within the article he’s quoted as saying he doesn’t know if Brady will return to Tampa bay despite the fact they “very much want him back”

arlondiluthel t1_j6pi2tt wrote

Again, "very much wanting him back" isn't the same as "intend to re-sign".

−1

ChamBruh t1_j6pi9ud wrote

You’re misrepresenting the situation. “Don’t currently intend to re-sign,” at least in sports terms, means the team is going to let the player go. The buccaneers very much do not want to let Brady go. They intend to re-sign him if he chooses to stay in Tampa bay. That is the truth of the matter, not “they don’t currently intend to re-sign him”

arlondiluthel t1_j6piqgh wrote

It's literally just semantics. If they were 100% for sure, matter-of-fact, "come Hell or high water" going to re-sign him, they would specifically say so. He's still with the team until the league year flips over, so they're allowed to do that per the league rules regarding pending free agents. The fact that they aren't means it's not a 100% guarantee.

−2

ChamBruh t1_j6pj06h wrote

It’s not semantics at all. Your original comments paints the situation as the buccaneers choosing to let Brady leave, which isn’t true. Rapoport, like I showed, said that the Bucs want to keep Brady. The whole situation is up to Brady. So while it may not be entirely accurate to say they intend to re-sign him, because the decision is ultimately Brady’s, it’s entirely untrue to say they don’t intend to re-sign him. entirely untrue

arlondiluthel t1_j6pjoze wrote

You're twisting what I actually said purely to be confrontational. Knock it off. "Don't currently intend to re-sign" in the context I chose to use it in, means literally that they haven't said they intend to re-sign. Why has no bearing. The fact of the matter is, the team has not said "we intend to re-sign". They've said that they want to, but it's up to Brady. That doesn't sound anything like "we intend to re-sign".

−1

JuzoItami t1_j6oo1w6 wrote

Kinda like how Michael Jordan, Chris Mullin, and Patrick Ewing all retired 20+ years ago, but technically there's one guy left from the '84 U.S. Olympic Basketball Team who's still running up and down the court in the NBA every night: Leon Wood - the ex-NBA player who became a ref.

Account_Overdrawn t1_j6nno0z wrote

The last expo

Sounds like that anime, The Last Exile

r1ch999999 t1_j6nwdrc wrote

I once met the majority of the Expos by mistake.