Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Icyrow t1_j4aah9y wrote

i just scalded my foot quite badly, as in, maybe hand sized blister on foot. 2nd degree burn.

first thing they did is say that the wound is naturally clean to begin with, adding anything to it is bad.

some hospitals leave the blister, they deroofed mine (basically pierce it with clean scissors and cut all the skin off before adding a mesh and then wrapping it.

i've had to get it rewrapped 3 times now. if you're reading the above comment wondering, please just go get help, not everyone is in a circumstance that they are able to, but burns are no joke, just immediately cool it down with something clean and room temp and then go to the hospital

Slaphappyslamie t1_j4af5tg wrote

Keep it clean, dry, and covered. The wound bed should be kept moist and you can treat it with any antibiotic cream, xeroform (a ‘greasy’ gauze dressing), or silvadene cream. A few weeks of good wound care and staying off the foot, and you should be fine. Watch out for any signs of infection, and remember acetaminophen and ibuprofen are great for pain control if it is safe for you to take those medications.