Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

GrapeSwimming69 t1_j5ajbpn wrote

Prince. The man who can pull off wearing a blouse and high hills,beat you at basketball and pingpong and still take your woman. GOAT.

haricariandcombines t1_j5aic99 wrote

I think he played in Nirvana live on the last tour.

up_down_underwater t1_j5bqf4u wrote

Yes they needed a second guitar for In Utero and Pat was already quite accomplished from his work in the Germs.

TheUmgawa t1_j5dupkw wrote

Kurt found Pat in the SST Superstore. It's not like they ran into each other while they were shopping; Pat was working the counter. Because that's what you did when you were between gigs. Sometimes it'd be a few weeks, sometimes it'd be a few years, but you still got to be around music and you still got to network with people.

The_ODB_ t1_j5i72rf wrote

He's on stage for the Unplugged performance, which was one of the last shows.

Kevin69138 t1_j5aph0s wrote

Holy shit. Didnt realize he was in the Germs. He must think Foo Fighters is mellow and square compared to dealing with Darby Crash

Ok-Tangelo277 t1_j5bsdu8 wrote

When Grohl was looking for a guitarist and pats name come up , he was like, the fuck? He’s still alive?!

mattdangerously t1_j5dlug0 wrote

They worked together in Nirvana, why would Dave think he was dead?

TheUmgawa t1_j5dudfx wrote

"Is THAT who the guy onstage with us at Unplugged and on the entire last tour was...?"

dont_worry_im_here t1_j5bpu5j wrote

I'm not understanding this title...

Dave Grohl wrote in a book that Prince told a bodyguard to tell Pat to leave because he can't dance but the bodyguard instead told Pat that he can stay because Prince likes his hair??

Barbarossa7070 t1_j5c8p0i wrote

I think the director sent Pat home and Prince told his bodyguard to tell Pat he could stay.

releasethedogs t1_j5alx3n wrote

The animated sections of this video are so much more interesting than the dance numbers.

wrextnight t1_j5bgib4 wrote

Everybody always talks about how Johnny Cash took Hurt and made it his song, nobody ever talks about how Warren Zevon made Raspberry Beret his own.

SirRedRising t1_j5bow03 wrote

...The Werewolves of London guy covered a Prince classic? Huh, good for him, I guess.

ScottFried t1_j5buf0s wrote

I love Warren Zevon, and I like his cover of Raspberry Beret enough, but the original is unassailable.

Solidsnakeerection t1_j5hkzvv wrote

Has cover if Knocking on Heaven's Door is especially great considering he was literally on this death bed while recording it

TheUmgawa t1_j5duabg wrote

Ah, but did you know that Trent Reznor appears for about thirty seconds in the film Light of Day as part of a post-New Wave pre-Industrial pop trio?

[deleted] t1_j5arlq4 wrote

Germs, yeah, that’s how the world knows him.

−5